CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

this song is probably helping get people to see the movie. Person who decided to have Eminem do a song for the movie deserves a raise

It's 2018. No one cares about Eminem. 

The "Eminem" who matters 

M&MDance.gif

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I saw ASIB at Disney Springs today, and they seemingly added several shows today, because it was in a bunch of odd auditoriums they don’t normally put new movies.

they didn’t add any venom because it already had the biggest auditoriums

• Thanks 1

Oh my god, A Star Is Born :Gaga:

That was incredible. Two songs in particular, very emotional. Great performances from both. 

Edit: this was with an American audience, three girls in front were talking loudly at first but soon kept quiet after we told them to shut up 😂

Edited by Krissykins

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oh my god, A Star Is Born :Gaga:

That was incredible. Two songs in particular, very emotional. Great performances from both. 

Edit: this was with an American audience, three girls in front were talking loudly at first but soon kept quiet after we told them to shut up 😂

Well, Gaga has one Oscar sewn up for Song at least, but if Bradley Cooper doesn’t win something it will be an actual crime.

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Nah Nah... if you're posting music, do it right:

My favorite song was Maybe It’s Time

But that may just be because I’ve been listening to music with phrases like “Burn it all down” or “Let the old ways die” to incite the rebellious resistor within me to angrily tweet mean things about Kavanaugh, Republicans and Evangelicals

15 minutes ago, Felandria said:

Well, Gaga has one Oscar sewn up for Song at least, but if Bradley Cooper doesn’t win something it will be an actual crime.

I think she could be nominated for two song Oscars, she wrote the two “big moment” songs. 

That last one gives me severe Whitney “I Will Always Love You” vibes. The soundtrack could be Gaga’s Bodyguard. 

10 minutes ago, PANDA said:

My favorite song was Maybe It’s Time

It was SUCH a good song.  All of the songs were.   I'm hyper-focusing on 'Always Remember Us This Way' cause it's gonna be the Shipper Angst Anthem for the next two decades.  That's going on every FST.

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think she could be nominated for two song Oscars, she wrote the two “big moment” songs. 

That last one gives me severe Whitney “I Will Always Love You” vibes. The soundtrack could be Gaga’s Bodyguard. 

This could harm her chance at winning best actress

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

His new album sold 1.3M in just 3 weeks 

Didn't it debut with almost 400K? Poor Lady Gaga, she hasn't done those kind of numbers since 2011. Perhaps they should have cast Eminem in ASIB and made it a homosexual story - would have been more original and probably done Venom numbers now. 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Didn't it debut with almost 400K? Poor Lady Gaga, she hasn't done those kind of numbers since 2011. Perhaps they should have cast Eminem in ASIB and made it a homosexual story - would have been more original and probably done Venom numbers now. 

Joanne debuted with 201K copies in its 1st week - second highest debut for a female artist only behind Beyonce's album.

Yes, it's far from 1M+ copies debut of Born This Way but it isn't bad either considering it's a country/soft rock album.

Watched Venom yesterday at 7 pm show. I enjoyed the film, not only me, my whole crowd gasped, cheered, whistled at Venom-Eddie scenes throughout the film. 😎  Tom Hardy show all the way.
I feel the first 30 minutes was meh. They should have removed some of the starting portions of the film and add them with some more scenes of Venom or add some additional scenes with some change in the first 30 minutes.

This has some serious potential if used very well, I hope they get to do that in the next film.  :Venom:

• Like 1