CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

31 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The power of James Gawd. Even the shitty Conjuring spin-offs become Avengers-sized hits. In Portugal, a country that just a few years ago wasn't even that much into horror. Madness.

But wait, it actually beat Deadpool, Jurassic World and Fifty Shades? That's impressive as all fuck.

Jurassic World and Fifty Shades by a wide margin. Deadpool by like 500 tickets, but hey, a win is a win. It is gonna end well below it in total, tho.

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Revised estimate to above black panther worldwide, was going to watch this christmas at BFI  so still sad.

I wouldn't want any other answer tbh. 0.5A sounds good yeah.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curtis1986 said:

I don't see how Sony got Venom all wrong but the new spider man man is getting great reactions.

Sony don’t make or own those games. Also PlayStation is an entirely different company than Sony Pictures.

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

That's the thing, if Sony foolishly decide to do Venom 2 and keep everything the same, it'll be TASM2 all over again. Spider-Verse to me makes sense but not something like Kraven or Morbius.

Venom 2 I think will do fine enough if they keep the budget below $150 like this. I think the sequel's budget will get raised by it a bit, but as long as it stays below $150 I think it'll be fine. However, I think them doing a Morbius movie with Jared Leto has no one excited. Tom Hardy attached to Venom was exciting bc Tom Hardy is an exciting name. I think Jared Leto is a fine actor, he's just not an exciting name at all. That movie has Daniel Espinosa attached to direct who's really hit or miss, but I'd say he's far better than Fleischer at least. 

People don't give a shit about Jared Leto, especially after he ruined The Joker. You can get people out to see movies based on lesser known comic book characters but they have to look good. I have my doubts that Sony will be able to entice people to see a Morbius movie.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I wouldn't want any other answer tbh. 0.5A sounds good yeah.

You know it baby.

VENUUUM was good by the way, critics off their bloody rocker. Conspiracies will be flying i've thought of a few involving disney.:Venom:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People don't give a shit about Jared Leto, especially after he ruined The Joker. You can get people out to see movies based on lesser known comic book characters but they have to look good. I have my doubts that Sony will be able to entice people to see a Morbius movie.

Morbius doesn't even have the name recognition that Venom has

Edited by Jonwo

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You know it baby.

VENUUUM was good by the way, critics off their bloody rocker. Conspiracies will be flying i've thought of a few involving disney.:Venom:

It'll lead into Avatar 2 doing 4 billies

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

When will you be back in 2019? To make sure I am here for it :ph34r:

If I am alive by then, Avengers probably. I must be here for the inevitable 300M OW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 3
  • Disbelief 1