CJohn

Official Oct 5 to Oct 7 Weekend Thread | Official Estimates: Venom - 80M (205M WW OW); A Star is Born - 42.6M

11 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Lol it will blow past that. With the rave reviews and great word of mouth. Its open g in 2k+ theaters in two weeks and the point on the small roll out was to get word of mouth out about how great the film is. 

Nah, people said the same thing about Detroit, and that (unfortunately) bombed. In fact, that opened in 6 fewer theaters and had a PTA about 30% higher than THUG

2 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

That would still be awesome. What type of drop does it need for a chance at $200M?

30% or better next week would put 200M in good shape. The drops will only get better until Bohemian Rhapsody is out

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Nah, people said the same thing about Detroit, and that (unfortunately) bombed.

30% or better next week would put 200M in good shape. The drops will only get better until Bohemian Rhapsody is out

BR is tracking very well. Even with some mixed reviews from critics, it's a crowd pleaser. As much as I love ASIB, there is no way it can open less than that, right?

Just now, LegendaryBen said:

BR is tracking very well. Even with some mixed reviews from critics, it's a crowd pleaser. As much as I love ASIB, there is no way it can open less than that, right?

It's likelier than not to outopen it imo. 

13 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Nobody lost money underestimating the intelligence of American Audience. 

Bad superhero movie vs Hack musician? Give me a break. Warner Bros must be slipping alot of cash onto Rotten Tomatoes.

You’re funny

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Fair points, all the way around.

I think a bigger warning signal is the dearth of posts in the Conversation Thread.

I'm shocked at how much that's dropped off the last couple of months.

People get very busy to start the fall...I know I had a lot more time this summer than right now...and I'll get lots of time again around the holiday breaks and the cold winter (when going places seems less desired than sitting in a house with hot cocoa and a laptop:)...

So, I wouldn't put too much into it...life happens...it ebbs and flows and we'll probably be wishing for 50 page weekend threads when the Aquaman and Mary Poppins weekends go 200+...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

People get very busy to start the fall...I know I had a lot more time this summer than right now...and I'll get lots of time again around the holiday breaks and the cold winter (when going places seems less desired than sitting in a house with hot cocoa and a laptop:)...

So, I wouldn't put too much into it...life happens...it ebbs and flows and we'll probably be wishing for 50 page weekend threads when the Aquaman and Mary Poppins weekends go 200+...

Yeah, I expect the Christmas weekend threads to be insane. I personally haven't had as much time to post because of my job, but I'll be quitting that before Christmas as I'm moving once the new year starts.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, I expect the Christmas weekend threads to be insane. I personally haven't had as much time to post because of my job, but I'll be quitting that before Christmas as I'm moving once the new year starts.

I'd like this...but for the 1st time in a few weeks, I've given all my likes away...I'll be toast during December:)...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd like this...but for the 1st time in a few weeks, I've given all my likes away...I'll be toast during December:)...

Yeah, I ran out of likes on Thursday night :lol: I'm not braced for Christmas. Honestly, you guys should be glad Alita moved, because those threads might've hit 300 pages.

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Any decline in BOT can be chalked up to defections more than thread quality. Tele is gone, Gopher is gone, TOG is gone, CJohn is gone, Chewy and baumer barely post, Water Bottle and AndyLL are more focused on being admins....we just need to get some of the old heads back for a weekend.

FWIW I'm still around and try to post here and there just generally busy

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Hate U Give had a pretty disappointing start. It sure as shit won't play well in conservative areas, so I'm questioning if this even hits 15M total.

Agree, disappointing considering I thought it had a shot at truly breaking out (80 or so) not even a week ago 😕 

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Hate U Give had a pretty disappointing start. It sure as shit won't play well in conservative areas, so I'm questioning if this even hits 15M total.

The book is sooooo good and with stellar reviews and a timely subject matter I thought it had potential to explode. Also, what's up with the Audience score on RT? 

5 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The book is sooooo good and with stellar reviews and a timely subject matter I thought it had potential to explode. Also, what's up with the Audience score on RT? 

I guess white neo-nazis and Terrorist are probably feeling threatened about the Stellar reviews two families getting