Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

HnimNLN.gif

MODERATION:

If you wish to talk about the Hollywood Reporter article, or how a potential vax policy might affect the set, or future sets, that is fine.  But PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A DEBATE ABOUT VACCINES.  We're been there.  We're done that.  Thank you! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

WTF Letitia Wright? I dont see her character going anywhere because her character's importance, but she can kiss any possible chance of becoming the next BP goodbye because of those antivaxx beliefs.

You know the Marvel PR department hates her guts..........she has become a major headache for them.

What is bad is that it's no longer a scientifically ignorant celeb saying something stupid and then being able to quickly retreat...she seems to have become deeply invested with the Anti Vax crap. 

I think the term "recasting for the next one" is being heard at Marvel Studios HG...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

She's not posting holocaust jokes online so it's not like Gina Carano. Press have short memories and July is a long time from now.

IMHO pushing anti vax stuff is just plain dangerous. I don't like what Carano did at all, but Wright is alot more dangerous.

28 minutes ago, baumer said:

As mentioned before, can we keep the debate stuff out of this?  

Sorry, but the real world will push it way into the movie word.

I think the star of a movie making news with a stupid and dangerous stand on Covid is a legit topic of discussion here.

Edited by dudalb

54 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sorry, but the real world will push it way into the movie word.

I think the star of a movie making news with a stupid and dangerous stand on Covid is a legit topic of discussion here.

Yea except there are people who feel the same way she does and they keep quiet so the thread doesn't go off the rails.  So if one side has to keep it down, then both sides should.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

IMHO pushing anti vax stuff is just plain dangerous. I don't like what Carano did at all, but Wright is alot more dangerous.

I mean Carano is making Nazi jokes and is anti vaxx lol. Also Wright is smart enough not to put it on front street anymore.

4 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

A recast will do fine

Recasting is a bad look for a franchise so dependent on continuity. To this day I pretend The Incredible Hulk doesn't exist in the MCU, and for the most part Feige has obliged me. 

I say pay Nyong'o to come back and make her the focus.