WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

Gladiator: Covenant. Fucking can't wait.

Ridley Scott is one of the greats working today, but I sometimes wonder what the hell is he thinking with some of his career choices. He's Ridley fucking Scott, he can do whatever he wants, why a Gladiator sequel of all things?

I can understand him wanting to revisit ANcient Rome, but there are so many great stories there that her passed over in favor of a sequel that I just cannot see being anting more then just another action film.

38 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I can understand him wanting to revisit ANcient Rome, but there are so many great stories there that her passed over in favor of a sequel that I just cannot see being anting more then just another action film.

On 11/3/2018 at 6:10 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

Gladiator: Covenant. Fucking can't wait.

Ridley Scott is one of the greats working today, but I sometimes wonder what the hell is he thinking with some of his career choices. He's Ridley fucking Scott, he can do whatever he wants, why a Gladiator sequel of all things?

If you are not Nolan or Cameron I do not think you really can do what you want, even Tarantino need movie star and Spielberg have to fight to get an Lincoln movie in theater , in is commentary track Scott say that even on Aliens sequels he has to fight for 100-200k $US decisions with young Fox exec, I doubt he could have green light a giant budget Roman movies without some hook to help pre-sales.

• Like 2