sfran43

Weekend Thread : Asgardian #'s on p.17 ~ 19.6M Saturday

So does anyone know if Suspiria is actually going to get a wide release or something semi wide here in North America? It's incredibly frustrating you have this movie playing in three or four different cities at one or two Theatres. It's kind of ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

So does anyone know if Suspiria is actually going to get a wide release or something semi wide here in North America? It's incredibly frustrating you have this movie playing in three or four different cities at one or two Theatres. It's kind of ridiculous

With Friday making up close to half of the weekend gross, this is as wide as it's going.

That’s a really strong expansion for ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’

and a solid start for Boy Erased. 

Thats ok for Halloween considering early Friday guesses pointed towards $9m and a 70%+ drop. 

Edited by Krissykins

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

@Rthanos

I noticed you posted 19.6M for BR's Saturday, but BOM has it at $18.8M. What gives?

Was LITERALLY just about to mention this. Almost 1M below, I honestly think it's a good sign that BR could go up 1-2M for actuals. 

44 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Y'know, for a guy who has admitted that they "don't care about critics," you seem to be a guy who is rather giddy and excited when a movie that critics didn't like (even though its RT is at 60%). Seems to me you're a guy who has an interest and cares about what critics have to say. Sad!

I was going to offer a response but after you ended your post with "Sad!"  and seeing as you reside in PA.... I'm not wasting my energy :lol:

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The Bohemian Rhapsody OS grosses are really good although I'm surprised Australia isn't higher or that Mexico and South Korea are really into Queen. 

Queen toured Latin America - Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Chile and Mexico.  They were huge there.   I don't know how big or relevant there were or are in SK but they love musicals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I was going to offer a response but after you ended your post with "Sad!"  and seeing as you reside in PA.... I'm not wasting my energy :lol:

Good to know. You clearly have such incredible intellect that I, a mere mortal, can not even fathom to argue against such godly knowledge.

ASIB's multiplier after 24 days - 3.46

Gravity's multiplier after 24 days - 3.58

ASIB's multi/Gravity's multi - 0.966

ASIB's multiplier after 28 days - 3.6

Gravity's multiplier after 28 days - 3.69

ASIB's multi/Gravity's multi - 0.975

ASIB's multiplier after 31 days - 3.86

Gravity's multiplier after 31 days - 3.92

ASIB's multi/Gravity's multi - 0.984

Weekend estimates after Saturday makes ASIB's multiplier comp w.r.t Gravity even better. :Gaga:

ASIB OW/Gravity OW - 0.768

ASIB 2nd Weekend/Gravity 2nd Weekend - 0.657

ASIB 3rd Weekend/Gravity 3rd Weekend - 0.633

ASIB 4th Weekend/Gravity 4th Weekend - 0.696

ASIB 5th Weekend/Gravity 5th Weekend - 0.867

Drastic improvement by ASIB this weekend when compared with Gravity's equivalent weekend actuals. :Gaga:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Bohemian Rhapsody had a terrific opening domestically and overseas. Nutcracker flopped but at least didn't do as badly as A Wrinkle in Time overseas, the Tyler Perry movie did so-so numbers and Suspiria's expansion failed.

A Star is Born continues to kill it in North American and is doing good for what it is overseas as well. My girl Gaga is a MOVIE STAR. Venom is continuing to do great with China to go. Halloween has done great and The Hate U Give obviously has good word of mouth but the budget being 23mil will hurt the chance of profitability. First Man continues to disappoint at every turn. Feels like a misstep for all involved. 

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

is this decent? I heard the budget for this movie is $120M..

do you think the international markets could still save it?

hope it's not another flop for Disney.. :whosad:

It's a disappointment but it still has several major OS markets - should do minimum $100m O/S with a possibility of $125m+ and $200m+ WW

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

is this decent? I heard the budget for this movie is $120M..

do you think the international markets could still save it?

hope it's not another flop for Disney.. :whosad:

It's already made more overseas than A Wrinkle in Time did ($32M, woof was that one completely rejected) and still has some markets to go. Gonna be a write off for them but is unlikely to be as severe of a write off as that film and Solo were if it can manage $200M worldwide.