Eric S'ennui

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

9 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Avatar 2 left off on more then part 1 did, can definitely see more of a fan rush for part 3.

Batman 2 will blow up like Spider-Verse, first film was very well received and has only gotten more popular since. 

Spider-Man 4 is marvels best shot IMO, don't see why Deadpool 3 would increase that much and I dont think Avengers 5 will be out for a while. 

Shrek 5 would crush $200M IMO, can do NWH numbers, hoping they got the TLW guys on this.

Star Wars would be lucky to cross $100M.

I'm not sure about Batman 2. It had mid box office, Pattinson was not really a good Bruce Wayne and the film doesn't seem to be in the conversation anymore. 

We'll see, I guess it will very much depend on how interesting the villains will look like.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

The movie has 4,7 on Letterboxd atm. holy shit. That is the 4th biggest and those 3 ahead has the same score. Naturally the score will go down but insane anyways

It's the highest movie rn, the three ahead of it are a miniseries and two live recordings. Right now the highest feature is Come and See with 4.57, and ATSV has 4.67 right now. That said, it'll enter the official ranking with whatever it has this Monday, so it has a few days to settle down before then. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TEE said:

I'm not sure about Batman 2. It had mid box office, Pattinson was not really a good Bruce Wayne and the film doesn't seem to be in the conversation anymore. 

We'll see, I guess it will very much depend on how interesting the villains will look like.

You fit in so many bad takes in a single paragraph. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Suppose ATSV grosses 750-900m, which seems to be a reasonable final range given what we know so far. What do we expect BTSV to make? Could it break the record for highest grossing animation set by Frozen 2? (I'm not counting TLK as animation)

Very doubtful. I think the growth from ATSV to BTSV will be much more reasonable compared to the growth from the first to second film. If Mario couldn't beat Frozen 2, I definitely don't see BTSV doing so either. Even $1 billion WW would already be a big achievement.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Notthereverseflash24 said:

You fit in so many bad takes in a single paragraph. 

Could you elaborate? 

I don't think I have to overexplain the Bruce Wayne thing: he is supposed to be the public persona of Batman, behaving in a way to avoid any suspicions that BW and the Batman are the same person. Patterson's Wayne, however, is exactly like his Batman, it is beyond strange that nobody suspects him.

As for the box office, I don't think that 771 million is a very good revenue for arguably the most loved comic book character (or maybe the second after Spider-Man). The 1989 Batman was way more succesful (adjusted for inflation). I know that the recurring argument is that it is still more succesful than Batman Begins but Nolan's movie was a complete franchise restart after the disastrous Joel Schumacher era. Even with all the DCEU problems, it doesn't seem that the Batman character was really hurt so for me The Batman was not a resounding success.

As for the conversation, that is obviously very subjective but I don't see a lot of people discussing The Batman. I could be completely wrong, of course. 

Movies great, but whatever ow this has won't have my money since my theater experience was so awful I'm demanding a refund. Kids shining phone flashlights into the audience and then just turning the house lights on halfway through.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Sad 1