Blankments

Dear Evan Hansen | Sep 24 2021 | Universal | Supposedly about "High School Students" | Premiering at TIFF!

So, I saw the trailer today in the theater and see the age controversy in this thread...and it's so right.  He may not be age-wise mid-30s, but he looks to be mid-30s, while they still cast others who look high school, so I got so many "creepy older guy" vibes in some of the male/female interactions scenes in the trailer.  His look is gonna limit this movie...it's inescapable scene by scene - you can't get lost in it being high school and young b/c he sure isn't high school...

It reminds me of when Blues Clues sent Steve to college and brought on Joe.  When an actor starts losing his hair, you can't keep saying he's in school - you gotta come up with a reason to move on and do it... 

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

They probably couldn't delay this without giving up the TIFF opening night premiere that it's now locked in for, so it's sure to enjoy an easy first weekend at #1 if nothing else unless Shang-Chi blows up and is able to hold on to the top spot throughout the month.

Universal have given some lucky "real people" the gift of a pre-release screening of Evan Hansen. 

For reasons unknown they then shuttled these lucky and totally genuine moviegoers from the cinema to a countryside B&B to capture their 100% non scripted or rehearsed reaction to the film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, AJG said:

Universal have given some lucky "real people" the gift of a pre-release screening of Evan Hansen. 

For reasons unknown they then shuttled these lucky and totally genuine moviegoers from the cinema to a countryside B&B to capture their 100% non scripted or rehearsed reaction to the film.

this could have be the perfect movie to launch a new sensational teen star. Ben Platt is like really killing the potential. I watched his performance on America's got talent and He's really a great musical actor but sadly in the trailer He seems really ridicolous. 

They should have chosen someone looking like this

Anyway if the film is good and with good I mean really crowd pleasing it can still find an audience I guess. 

DEH_Jordan_Fischer1403_1-scaled-e15801433-12-19-evanhansen2-e1552562327857.jpg