Blankments

Dear Evan Hansen | Sep 24 2021 | Universal | Supposedly about "High School Students" | Premiering at TIFF!

Don't forget The greatest Showman has 48 on Metacritic and even some 0/10.

Bohemian Raphsody has 49 on Metacritic. He won some oscars.

Critics hated them because there were "problematic" for some reason. They both were huge at the box office and we can maybe call them modern classics as musicals.

Critics call In the Heights a masterpiece even if it was bland in cinematic terms, but i guess NOT problematic (what really matters).

Everyone forgot about it after 10 days. 

Edited by vale900

17 minutes ago, vale900 said:

Don't forget The greatest Showman has 48 on Metacritic and even some 0/10.

Bohemian Raphsody has 49 on Metacritic. He won some oscars.

Critics hated them because there were "problematic" for some reason. They both were huge at the box office and we can maybe call them modern classics as musicals.

Critics call In the Heights a masterpiece even if it was bland in cinematic terms, but i guess NOT problematic (what really matters).

Everyone forgot about it after 10 days. 

Greatest Showman is a boring slog that even its most ardent fan will tell you that listening to its music is far more enjoyable than actually watching the film. 

Bohemian Rhapsody is a paint-by-numbers, factory made, estate approved biopic for a less demanding older audience that just want to hear old songs they like pumped out of loud speakers. 

Mamma Mia got crappy reviews and old people still jumped at the chance to hear ABBA songs poorly sang by Meryl Streep and co.

Problematic. Not problematic. Those musicals still suck.

Edited by AJG

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

Greatest Showman is a boring slog that even its most ardent fan will tell you that listening to its music is far more enjoyable than actually watching the film. 

Bohemian Rhapsody is a paint-by-numbers, factory made, estate approved biopic for a less demanding older audience that just want to hear old songs they like pumped out of loud speakers. 

Mamma Mia got crappy reviews and old people still jumped at the chance to hear ABBA songs poorly sang by Meryl Streep and co.

Problematic. Not problematic. Those musicals still suck.

I didn't say they are good or bad just maybe the movie has still a box office potential. For what i read Critics are having a problem with the plot of the musical and its meaning but if he has found a big audience  before maybe people like this story. 

Edited by vale900

Anyway I don't agree with you. Both The greatest showman and Bohemian have like 8.0/10 on imdb or less more.

It's definitely not a case of "i just liked the songs".  Some people loved the full movies and loved the story.

Maybe what you said is more real for something like Mamma Mia. 

Edited by vale900

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

People really gotta get over Ben Platt’s age. It’s getting kinda annoying tbh, not a funny bit.

Jason Earls player a teenager for years in his late 20s for crying out loud.

Well, it's not the age, it's the look of the age, and he looks older than he is.

If everyone cast in high school looked as old, it wouldn't be weird (ala Grease).  But everyone else cast looks like high school, so this gives off creepy, weird vibes just from the trailer.  

AKA - Everyone's old or no one's old is okay...lead star is old and everyone is young (especially the female characters) and it's, well, these reactions...

Hollywood just needs to stop trying to make Ben Platt a leading man because it's not going to happen (at least not in a filmed format). Don't think anyone would be surprised to learn that the main reason he ended up in this/the adaptation was rushed into production is because pops is hoping to succeed where Ryan Murphy failed with that Netflix dud (which was partially a DEH rip-off) that was supposed to catapult him to stardom but ended up doing nothing for his career.

Mamma Mia! Here we go again is a great bit of fun. Mamma Mia is somewhat as well.

Greatest Showman is absolute garbage (the soundtrack is as bad as the movie).

The reviews trashing DEH brought me a little joy. Haven’t seen the musical but I can’t stand the music, and the plot sounds deranged.

• Like 1