The Panda

The Positive Vibes Franchise Discussion Thread

I’ve noticed how toxic some of the franchise threads have gotten, yet I feel like it does a disservice to some of those movies that may merit a positive discussion.

Use this thread to discuss any franchise you wish, there’s one rule.

No negative comments, if you don’t have something constructive or positive to say about a movie or franchise, save it for another thread.

I’ll start it off by saying I really appreciate Rian Johnson’s artistry in TLJ, he makes it clear he’s the same guy who directed the Ozymandias and The Fly episodes of Breaking Bad.

Also, Infinity War was grand scale and Josh Brolin nailed that role.  I’m also looking forward to Aquaman and the brighter tone of some of these upcoming new DC movies.

• Like 6

Seems like my idea was used :)

TLJ for me isnt as grandiose anymore as the first time ive seen it but its still either my 2nd or 3rd favourite Star Wars Film. I love Lukes character and ark in it, i love the way Johnson plays with the expectations of the viewer, i love its core theme of failure and what we can learn from our mistakes and i love how stunning it is visually.

Also, Godzilla 2014 is Top 5 blockbuster of the decade material.

• Like 2

Can everyone please focus their positive vibes on ensuring that by December next year the void here with the rusted looking steel has been replaced by an IMAX screen, projector, sound system and some comfortable seating?  Let's make this happen.

32353812008_3a02b29f7d_b.jpg

The silver angled steel is permanent and is creating the space for the IMAX theatre.  The screen will be against the elevator core seen in this image.  The orange steel is a temporary support structure.

I love Bourne Legacy the most for a few reasons, the biggest is it catches some of the unique for its time/that kind of books ideas/details like the female's character strength/how... participation, and in my POV way better development of the characters, and.... of Ludlum's books the best, better said it's the only one that catches the details/tone that sat apart the books from so many others.

Maybe (pretty sure they won't), if they do another one, they'll also show details like the goodies 'old men' group build up?

I thought TLJ was a really good film that had an ending that I feel is a love letter to the fans in a way.  The loss of Luke and how it felt to everyone but especially with the kids playing with the homemade action figures and the kid holding the broom like a lightsaber.  It's what we all did growing up and thought it was a nice touch.

I also enjoyed BvS too.  Mostly the fight between the two and probably the best Batman fight in movies with the warehouse scene