sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

5 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

So Ralph2 won't beat the first one adjusted for inflation. Weird, there was a lot more hype especially after the Princess clip.

will it even beat the first one's gross? Lol. I guess holidays can push it over but it might not reach 200m

16 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

So Ralph2 won't beat the first one adjusted for inflation. Weird, there was a lot more hype especially after the Princess clip.

On 6/4/2018 at 12:51 PM, EmpireCity said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think it goes $300m+

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Grinch has been an absolute beast after its first few weekends. It didn't blow up to start like I thought it would earlier in the year, but I just knew there was no way it wouldn't end with a pretty sizeable gross. Illumination + Christmas classic? Yeah...

Ralph is indeed vastly superior to Grinch in quality. But I love the fact that another studio is able to stand up to the Mouse and beat them at their own game. Disney has to be shown that they aren't an invincible monopoly all the time, and Illumination has shown them that a few times now. Must be a real thorn in Iger's side.

Now just watch 2022 announcement Disney buys Illumination...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Grinch has been an absolute beast after its first few weekends. It didn't blow up to start like I thought it would earlier in the year, but I just knew there was no way it wouldn't end with a pretty sizeable gross. Illumination + Christmas classic? Yeah...

Spider-verse hurt Ralph more than Grinch....

35 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ralph is indeed vastly superior to Grinch in quality. But I love the fact that another studio is able to stand up to the Mouse and beat them at their own game. Disney has to be shown that they aren't an invincible monopoly all the time, and Illumination has shown them that a few times now. Must be a real thorn in Iger's side.

Now just watch 2022 announcement Disney buys Illumination...

Apparently that is not what illumination, they have proved that they can again again , compete with Disney/Pixar acclaimed films, not only domestically but internationally.

Like Minion VS inside out  

Zootopia vs secret life of pets

Moana vs Sing

Despicable me 3 vs coco

• Like 2

Fantastic audience buzz for in the US from Amazon Prime showings SAT night. China total looks to hit about $190M in first 10 days. Global may get near $700M thru New Year's Day with solid JAN after that. Global weekend report coming.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Spider-verse hurt Ralph more than Grinch....

Spider Verse only opened this weekend. 

Ralphs been out for weeks and was beaten by Grinch last weekend. It’s Grinch. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1