That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

I believe Aquaman can leg it to $300 million during the holiday season and barren January. I think it broke the $500 million sound barrier already. 

This is a big win for the DCEU. They should build and build upon this success. The MCU is running out of ideas and coming close to the end. They say Avengers 4 will conclude the franchise. The DCEU will replace the MCU to become the highest grossing franchise and the comic book staple for audiences at the theaters.

• Like 8
  • Haha 7
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, movieboner said:

I believe Aquaman can leg it to $300 million during the holiday season and barren January. I think it broke the $500 million sound barrier already. 

This is a big win for the DCEU. They should build and build upon this success. The MCU is running out of ideas and coming close to the end. They say Avengers 4 will conclude the franchise. The DCEU will replace the MCU to become the highest grossing franchise and the comic book staple for audiences at the theaters.

Who is they? Spiderman far from home happens after Endgame. The only reason we haven't heard past that is that Disney likes playing this close to the vest. I wouldn't be surprised if a few weeks after Endgame they reveal their next few years of movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If DC ever gets Batman rolling again you'll start to see more billion dollar movies too.  All things come to an end.  DC dominated with the Batman trilogy.  Lords of the Rings stuff dominated for a while.  Harry Potter stuff dominated for a while.  

It's what you do AFTER..  to keep these properties relevant.. that's most interesting.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, movieboner said:

Im not gonna get involved in a franchise war discussion. All I'll say, as a fan of DC (probably more than Marvel) is no. To all of that.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, movieboner said:

. The MCU is running out of ideas and coming close to the end. They say Avengers 4 will conclude the franchise.

:rolleyes:

I guess you did not look into the background and missed as such quite a bit informations and hints? Including start of production plans, hired for this and that project people and....

Hint: you are wrong

7 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

MCU hasn't even reached its full potential yet. Plenty of unexplored territory with the X-Men and Fantastic Four back in their hands. 

As much as I love most of the Fox X-Men franchise, and as "done to death" as the characters may seem, I think the X-Men within the MCU, posssibly within an AVX movie would blow the roof off the box office. I think most of us have anecdotal evidence of people wanting the characters in the MCU and as much as I think that universe is not adventurous enough with their properties and stick to the generic (with exceptions), they know how to build hype. And getting the X-Men back will definitely pump up their base more than anything else and casuals will show up with the promise of a huge event involving familoar characters in a new context.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, movieboner said:

Sure, because the endless amount of C/D-list properties they still own + all the Fox characters they'll get their hands on means they have to be running out of ideas, because Spider-Man 2 isn't happening next July and they don't have many other movies in production from 2020 onwards... right?

I'm not saying DC can't take over as the #1 thing, but c'mon now :rofl:

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 7

Rampage did pass $100 million according to Mojo. And 2018 is now a record! However December 2018 looks to be one of the least attended in a while.

Aquaman is doing fine for a origin film. It’s almost $500 million worldwide! A total around $200 million should be stable for it. 

Mary Poppins was expected too much before this weeekend. However similar to Blade Runner 2049 last year, it’s turnout was mediocre. 25+ old franchises in the 2010s go more to your 007s, Dinosaurs, Toys, ocassional slasher villain returns, Or the Rocky/Creed franchsie. Mary Poppins is a niche property as older audiences will find more nostalgia than the social media loving tweens. On the bright side, Mary Poppins 2 should hold up  in the next few weeks and should make over $100 million domestic. 

Bumblebee had an alright debut. The spinoff should pull $100 million with lacking of new releases. Not bad for Paramount. Should have some sexy legs what...(she’s a pretty animal... SCHWING!)46DB7B9600000578-5135235-image-m-58_1512   

37AB36A200000578-3762896-Strike_a_pose_T  

Second Act I don’t know should leg out average. 

Marwen fuck it.

the rest  ok to alright. Mule holding up. Kids movies still living.

overall: repost for this. But next year should be fine 

• Astonished 2

Saw Aquaman. It was good. My opinion is subject to change over time, but I think my DCEU rankings are:

1. Wonder Woman

2. Justice League

3. Aquaman

4. Man of Steel

5. BvS

6. Suicide Squad- The only DCEU movie that I did not enjoy at all. Joker’s relationship with Harley Quinn was abusive, sick and not compelling. 

I think the DCEU gets a bad rap. They are more often than not better than their scores on RT. 

Also saw Bumblebee. My son loves the Transformer toys. I was pleasantly surprised. I hope it does okay at the box office this holiday season. 

1 hour ago, movieboner said:

You’re right.  Poor MCU all they have left are flop characters like Black Panther :( 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

If DC ever gets Batman rolling again you'll start to see more billion dollar movies too.  All things come to an end.  DC dominated with the Batman trilogy.  Lords of the Rings stuff dominated for a while.  Harry Potter stuff dominated for a while.  

It's what you do AFTER..  to keep these properties relevant.. that's most interesting.  

They need to get Batman and SUPERMAN rolling again. 

Edited by Heat Vision
  • Like 2