AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Hopefully this movie's amazingness makes it a moot point

I think Pixar's track record has allowed Lasseter to be able to command big budgets for every film since they've all been successful but I do wonder if the increase of sequels and an additional film every other year is the consequence of that,

A lot of comments on Facebook are like, "OMG The kid or the dinosaur are going to die and I'm going to cry like a mofo."

Um, considering they're both Children, and it is a family film, there's almost a negative chance of that happening.

• Like 4

Awww :wub:

Make a list of Pixar movies that made you guys cry:

1. Monsters INC

2. Finding Nemo

3. Cars 1 (yeah, this is possible, lol)

4. Wall-E

5. Up

6. TS3

7. Brave

8. IO

I'm such a cry baby :lol:

Toy Story 2

Monster's inc.

Finding Nemo

Up

Inside Out

Huh, I didn't even know there was a new Monsters and Men album out. That's cool. :D

Great trailer. I'm already looking forward to this much more than Inside Out.

Edited by Tree-5000

Beautiful animation. Awful hipster pop punk band sounding music. But I thought this movie was about dinos having humans as pets and one dino breaks out from that? What happened to that storyline because I liked that. This looks like a prettier Ice Age/Hiro and Baymax type thing.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Jandrew have you never heard that band before... it's played everywhere, and their music is brilliant.

I went back and looked and I actually know who they are, kinda. I was a little harsh in my description, but its just not my kind of music, and the music doesnt fit in that trailer to me. Feels forced like the song in the BH6 trailer. Needed something more adventurous sounding to match the scope.

Jandrew have you never heard that band before... it's played everywhere, and their music is brilliant. I went back and looked and I actually know who they are, kinda. I was a little harsh in my description, but its just not my kind of music, and the music doesnt fit in that trailer to me. Feels forced like the song in the BH6 trailer. Needed something more adventurous sounding to match the scope.
I thought it did feel epic and the footage was perfectly edited to match it. It almost felt like a music video

I think Pixar's track record has allowed Lasseter to be able to command big budgets for every film since they've all been successful but I do wonder if the increase of sequels and an additional film every other year is the consequence of that,

I think the increase to annual releases has just kind of necessitated sequels to a degree.

The budgets...well, their continual box office success has ensured it.

• Like 1

I should be happy that most people seem to like the trailer, but god is it frustrating to have to wade through the same ol negative nancying from some of the bigger movie bloggers. Sometimes I wonder if people would ever be satisfied by any kind of Pixar trailer.

I mean, they've certainly had their missteps overall, but for my money their marketing department has been nailing it for the past year.