Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

52 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

i'm just glad that the chases actually looks fast 

i'm still traumatized that black widow had car chases that look like they were driving at max 60 km/h

Does the MCU live rent free in your head or something? Can’t seem to go one day without making some snide comment about it. 

Lmao

Looks fun, very much like what you would have imagined in the absence of any trailer. Expected better metrics tbh but I guess this is not a very internet fandom franchise.

Edited by DS2HaterLegion Confirmed

7 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Fallout most overrated film in recent times. Didn't found anything special in this trailer as well.

BUT I hope this make all the money.

Ah the reaction. Expected mostly.

Fallout was may be 2nd/3rd best Mission film but it got like 90 Metacritic and won best picture 2018 here. That's a bit excessive.

50 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Does the MCU live rent free in your head or something? Can’t seem to go one day without making some snide comment about it. 

Lmao

not too much movies have come out in the last few years mate

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Pretty bold to have ‘part one’ in the title. Even Marvel wasn’t willing to do that. 

Well, unlike Warner Bros., Paramount was willing to film both movies in succession, so Part 2 is happening...period.  And I'm betting that Cruise will nearly kill himself to make sure it is a grand finale to a stellar film series.  Therefore, McQuarrie is higher on my list than Villeneuve, who apparently felt like he "would have died" if he had been tasked to film Dune 1/2 back-to-back.  Marvel/Russos made a thematic choice of a different title, if InfinityWar/Endgame is what you're talking about...people change minds, sometimes. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Well, unlike Warner Bros., Paramount was willing to film both movies in succession, so Part 2 is happening...period.  And I'm betting that Cruise will nearly kill himself to make sure it is a grand finale to a stellar film series.  Therefore, McQuarrie is higher on my list than Villeneuve, who apparently felt like he "would have died" if he had been tasked to film Dune 1/2 back-to-back.  Marvel/Russos made a thematic choice of a different title, if InfinityWar/Endgame is what you're talking about...people change minds, sometimes. 

I more so meant that there seems to be a sort of stigma against the whole “part 1” label. It seemed like studios in general tried to avoid that after The Hunger Games. 

Edited by WittyUsername

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I more so meant that there seems to be a sort of stigma against the whole “part 1” label. It seemed like studios in general tried to avoid that after The Hunger Games. 

Well, if this two-parter is as successful as all the other M:Is, I suspect that fear will go away!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Ah the reaction. Expected mostly.

Fallout was may be 2nd/3rd best Mission film but it got like 90 Metacritic and won best picture 2018 here. That's a bit excessive.

So thinking about it, I have almost forgotten most of them except first, Ghost Protocol and Fallout.

My ranking be a definite 1 & 6, but others are fluid.

1. Ghost Protocol

2/3/4. Fallout (Though I need to rewatch Rogue Nation to see if it can be)
2/3/4. Rogue Nation
3/4/5. 1, 3
4/5. 3,1

6. 2

• Like 1

You can set your watch by the quality and reception of this franchise by now, there's no risk in filming both back to back. They don't need to wait on the first part's reception to do the second.

Anyway. Hasn't Kittridge aged well?

18 hours ago, belblazer said:

Fallout is the best action movie of the decade.

This. Sorry Fury Road 🤷‍♂️

This teaser was AWESOME! M:I refuse to get worse. I think M:I:3 is really good (almost as good as the first one), Ghost Protocol is even better (the best one so far), Rogue Nation even better than GP (it has some small problems and worse "impossible mission" than GP in the middle, but better villain, better female character, better opening and better final act) and Fallout was just fu**ing incredible (with some small issues in the first act), the best action movie since TDK/The Bourne Ultimatum. This is easily the best franchise today and one of the best ever, I hope people will see this on the big screen and Dead Reckoning will make all the money in the world.

Edited by Juby
  • Like 1