grim22

Ghostbusters: Afterlife | November 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed again

1 hour ago, von Kenni said:

In the States too? So that should drive a lot of people to see Afterlife!

No one on earth is leaving their house to watch a movie trailer attached to a film they have no interest in seeing in 2021. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Star Wars fans have done just this in the past , but it will probably leak by Wednesday in low quality

It still baffles me how they build 4K cameras into phones but the only footage that ever leaks looks like it was recorded on a toaster.

• Like 3

Yeah, I mean it's all about getting people over that threshold that "let's go see Afterlife in theaters" instead of waiting for streaming or rental. The Spider-Man will help its fans that also intersect with interest to see Afterlife to make that plunge. The question is then, how big is that overlapping crowd that it triggers? Not huge but might give a million or two extra for OW which all is a win. Also it gets added earned media visibility for both entities again to raise the awareness of both IPs. So it'll trigger to outside the fandom as well.

Sales have seemed to stall a bit which is worrying. Maybe this kicks it up a little. I was thinking 5M and 50+ OW a week ago and now thinking 40 OW. Hopefully it picks up. Not really into this movie. I just feel the 1980s movie was lightning in a bottle and cant really be replicated now. But its a big movie and I always like to see movies do well at the box office. 

• Like 2

God I’m so ready for Friday. I can’t wait to relive my childhood. Sure, it relies on nostalgia but it is such a correction and will fix the franchise.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh you thought I meant Ghostbusters 

Spoiler

No

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

McWeeney is insufferable these days. Sees the movie before everybody else and then won’t shut up about how much he disliked it before everybody else gets a chance to even see it. 

I mean, of course people are going to get defensive because they’re looking forward to it. He seems to thrive on setting up an argument that can’t be had. 

By the way…if the movie repeats tons of notes from the original then that’s fine by me as that’s EXACTLY what Ghostbusters 2 was.  As long as it makes it clear that’s what it’s designed to be I’m not going to complain about it not being something else. It’s not my movie. 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, Darth Homer said:

So it looks like critic score on RT will be under Ghostbusters 2016. Audience score will probably be higher, though.

Probably, because RT didn’t have verified scores in 2016.

The last film got a B+, I’d imagine with more direct fan service this will get an A- at least.