Eric Duncan

Booksmart l Annapurna l May 24, 2019 l Kaitlyn Dever, Beanie Feldstein l Olivia Wilde directs l Premieres at SXSW

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489887/?ref_=nv_sr_1

2 academic superstars and best friends who, on the eve of their high school graduation, realize they should have worked less and played more. Determined not to fall short of their peers, the girls try to cram 4 years of fun into 1 night.

Premieres at SXSW

https://deadline.com/2019/01/sxsw-seth-rogen-charlize-theron-comedy-matthew-mcconaughey-the-beach-2019-film-lineup-1202536158/

I hope this is able to do well. It sounds like it could be pretty good, and I'm definitely rooting for Beanie Feldstein. May is a crowded month, but I definitely see what Annapurna is going for by giving this a wide release. It's got a lot to conquer, though.

22 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

@4815162342 Dever squad is a go

I recently finally saw Short Term 12 not too long ago and that movie's cast is amazing viewed from a 2019 lens. Larson and Malek would go on to become Oscar winners within a few years after (and of course the former is now Captain Marvel) and Stanfield has been on the cusp of a major breakthrough. The Social Network is the only other movie I can immediately think of from this decade (at least the first half of it) that in retrospect probably jumpstarted a whole bunch of careers.

• Like 5

Still at 100% on RT after 52 reviews. Wonder if this will translate to the box office, especially given comedies are struggling to make bank, no matter the quality. Hopefully a lot of folks check it out on Memorial Day weekend to keep the box office diverse and fresh.

12 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

Will definitely check this out, wasn’t on my radar but those are good reviews

Same! I wasn't even aware of this film until last week, but those glowing reviews have definitely pique my interest. Sounds like a strong little indie.