Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

They have lazor projections, probably the expensive glasses you have to hand back right? They're worth like $40 eahc.

We only have 1 in the UK and I'm going to see Alita on it before it's out of cinema. Can't wait!

Already down to just 8pm shows there. Good news is that the ticket price is down to a top of £25

3 minutes ago, POTUS said:

So are SJW's triggered that a mexican is playing a japanese character?  never heard the end of it with Scarlett playing in GitS.

I dont see the post on page 32 either

That was totally different. The ending of Ghost in the Shell was the problematic part. 

Alita has always been a robot. Not an Asian girl trapped inside a Caucasian shell. 

• Like 1

I'm really stunned at how poorly HDD2U is doing.  I hope the wom is strong (I loved it) because it''s such a fun movie and Rothe should get an oscar nomination for it.  Not kidding either.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I'm really stunned at how poorly HDD2U is doing.  I hope the wom is strong (I loved it) because it''s such a fun movie and Rothe should get an oscar nomination for it.  Not kidding either.

Maybe the PG-13 put audiences off. Lots of feedback on the First said it should have been R.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

7.7 would be a 22% bump from true Thursday for ALITA. Surprising considering VD inflated true Thursday and it was an opener so would have some default front-loading.

how much do you think the weekend (5-day) should be for Alita to secure a 100M domestic finish?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POTUS said:

So are SJW's triggered that a mexican is playing a japanese character?  never heard the end of it with Scarlett playing in GitS.

I dont see the post on page 32 either

No because the original Manga was set where Colorado used to be. So you know, not Japan or even sort of Japan. And also I don't recall them specifying that the character was Japanese. Another factor is that people are just less familiar with the source material. 

The Ghost in the Shell movie would have still gotten shit but less so if they wouldn't have leaned into the idea that Scarjo was playing an actual Japanese woman. It still would have gotten crap but they should have set it in America and changed the lead character's name. Stop trying to pretend that it was Japanese altogether. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

No because the original Manga was set where Colorado used to be. So you know, not Japan or even sort of Japan. And also I don't recall them specifying that the character was Japanese. Another factor is that people are just less familiar with the source material. 

The Ghost in the Shell movie would have still gotten shit but less so if they wouldn't have leaned into the idea that Scarjo was playing an actual Japanese woman. It still would have gotten crap but they should have set it in America and changed the lead character's name. Stop trying to pretend that it was Japanese altogether. 

Completely right about Alita, if anyone complains about it it's shows a lack of research.

With GITS I always thought it was a little confusing due to the different versions...

In the 1995 anime film The Major was clearly caucasian in appearence.

gits1-300x300.jpg

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1