Eric Lasagna

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Captain Marvel China

Previews: $2.3mn
Friday: $32.14mn
Saturday: $33.63mn
Sunday: $20.68mn
Monday: $6.70mn

Total: $95.45mn

Comp

Ant-Man and The Wasp $9.24mn Monday

Heading for $140mn full run.

Whats up with Venom and Aquadude doing double that, is it cos she has boobies?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Better movies, especially Aquaman. China doesn't care so much about brand, nostalgia or marketing.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Better movies, especially Aquaman. China doesn't care so much about brand or marketing.

I wasn't a big fan of Captain Marvel but Venom was utter shit lol. There was only 30 minutes of good material there and even then, that seemed unintentional.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

Better movies, especially Aquaman. China doesn't care so much about brand or marketing.

CM is way better than Venom, for me. Well, every person has his/her own taste, I suppose.

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

alita over-performed in china and under-performed in japan. cm will beat smh in china.

there are various factors that come into play and such generalisations are insular and insulting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

China liked Wonder Woman though. 8.6 Maoyan score but it did have good legs.

Didn't it have good legs because it opened to 36 million? Still ended up with only 90 way below Captain Marvel's endpoint whatever that is.

• Like 1

Surprise surprise: people are unsuscribing to Tyrone Magnus's YT channel because he dared be unimpressed by CM, despite the fact that he has raved about many MCU films. Toxic fandom happens in all fandoms. You have got to be either 150 % in love with absolutely everything the MCU or the DCEU does, lest you face the wrath of the "real fans." *sigh* 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Surprise surprise: people are unsuscribing to Tyrone Magnus's YT channel because he dared be unimpressed by CM, despite the fact that he has raved about many MCU films. Toxic fandom happens in all fandoms. You have got to be either 150 % in love with absolutely everything the MCU or the DCEU does, lest you face the wrath of the "real fans." *sigh* 

who cares? who even has the time to track other youtubers subscribers lol did you just post this to start something lol

Edited by iHeartJames
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Assassin said:

The say that domestic will end at at $400M+ yet talk about hitting $750-800M worldwide if front loaded. 🤪

Ergo $350- $400m O/S ... off a $305m O/S ow ....  $45 to $95m more - including Japan where it has yet to open

:rofl: 

1 minute ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

How did you know that people are unsubscribing?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

alita over-performed in china and under-performed in japan. cm will beat smh in china.

there are various factors that come into play and such generalisations are insular and insulting.

I was being facetious, I think its just down to names, ScarJo is very famous over there she prob would have generated more.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

unimpressed is putting it mildly

CM is one of the worst cbm's according to him

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I wasn't a big fan of Captain Marvel but Venom was utter shit lol. There was only 30 minutes of good material there and even then, that seemed unintentional. 

I only liked that middle act. First and final acts were awful.

13 hours ago, UserHN said:

Lol. There's a new troll theory that I've read on Twitter. It's that Disney bought out many tickets for the weekend, and that they saw many theaters are not even half full. They're now resorting to conspiracy theories 😅.

Now how would these right wing tools have seen these "half empty" theaters unless they themselves went to see Marvel in theaters, increasing the BO (and the Box Office too)?

Edited by Ithil

1 minute ago, 2kt09 said:

unimpressed is putting it mildly

CM is one of the worst cbm's according to him

I disagree with him about that, but it is his opinion; I definitely would not unsubscribe from his YT over that. Like I said, I just wish some people could simply take a more balanced approach to others' opinions. It's not that big of a deal if someone else dislikes what you like. In any case, at this point it's all part of the package when it comes to fandoms and, heck, with people in general I guess. Not everyone will love what one does, and not everyone will react to that fairly and maturely.

• Like 1