CaptainJackSparrow

Elvis | WB | June 24 2022 | Tom Hanks is Elvis' manager | Baz Luhrmann directs | RIP Lisa Marie Presley

1 hour ago, LegendaryBen said:

https://maxblizz.com/baz-luhrmann-reveals-that-elvis-will-not-arrive-on-hbo-max-till-fall-2022/

I do not know how reliable this is, but if this is true, it will not be on HBO Max on August 8. @EmpireCity, will it follow the tradition 45-day theatrical window for WB movies or will it be on later than normal?

I am pretty sure that WB has fixed their error of 46 days to HBOMax.  

Zaslav's the only studio president who is pushing for longer windows. He mentioned pushing back this stuff in an interview IIRC and he's already hurting HBO Max from the inside by pulling a bunch of shows and movies with zero warning which...yeah that's pretty stupid, but I guess it shows his comittment?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think I could’ve watched 2hr40m of Miles Teller, he’s so unlikeable. Think it’s because I’ve heard he’s rude in real life. 

You  really,really, have to learn to seperate the personal life of the artist from his art. Fact is, a number of very, very great artists have been total assholes in real life.

I depise the Church of $cientology and have nothing but contempt for Cruise;s involvment in it. but I still go to and enjoy a lot of him movies.

Edited by dudalb

6 hours ago, Eric Odinson said:

Zaslav's the only studio president who is pushing for longer windows. He mentioned pushing back this stuff in an interview IIRC and he's already hurting HBO Max from the inside by pulling a bunch of shows and movies with zero warning which...yeah that's pretty stupid, but I guess it shows his comittment?

It's not stupid at all and it is helping, not hurting.  He stopped dumping stupid amounts of money into streaming for projects that don't give any return.  

It shows he's not a moron.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

You  really,really, have to learn to seperate the personal life of the artist from his art. Fact is, a number of very, very great artists have been total assholes in real life.

I depise the Church of $cientology and have nothing but contempt for Cruise;s involvment in it. but I still go to and enjoy a lot of him movies.

Oh I just find him irritating as an actor too, not just because I know he’s a pain in real life. Managed to overlook him in Top Gun, but a full 2hr40 of him as the lead would be too much 

7 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

It's not stupid at all and it is helping, not hurting.  He stopped dumping stupid amounts of money into streaming for projects that don't give any return.  

It shows he's not a moron.  

I'm not talking about cutting projects in development. He is literally removing already produced shows and movies made for the service, alongside TBS and TNT programs like Snowpiercer, and removing them from the service all together. That's not okay for a variety of reasons.

6 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Perhaps as expected, this made more domestically than internationally. Feels like that doesn't happen much anymore with 250m+ grossers.

Yeh I’d say it’s expected now, because I didn’t realise that Elvis never left the US apart from his military service. 

The only time he ever set foot in the UK was actually Prestwick airport here in Scotland. The things you learn lol

2 hours ago, Eric the Genie said:

But seriously, I wonder if WB being broke will affect the awards run for Elvis... Those campaigns aren't cheap and the movie will be out of theaters by the time awards season is in high gear, so will Zaslav think the spend is worth it? OTOH, it may not matter, they absolutely love rewarding biopics like this in lead acting categories.

4 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

But seriously, I wonder if WB being broke will affect the awards run for Elvis... Those campaigns aren't cheap and the movie will be out of theaters by the time awards season is in high gear, so will Zaslav think the spend is worth it? OTOH, it may not matter, they absolutely love rewarding biopics like this in lead acting categories.

I imagine this will be getting a campaign regardless of WB's current financial problems (which may be why House Party and not Shazam! will be closing their 2022). As one of the bigger success stories of the year the Academy might fully embrace it if they like it enough...guess it all depends on if the Whitney biopic released around Christmas steals any of its thunder or not.