CaptainJackSparrow

Elvis | WB | June 24 2022 | Tom Hanks is Elvis' manager | Baz Luhrmann directs | RIP Lisa Marie Presley

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I remember him best as the boyfriend in the final season of the Nickelodeon series Zoey 101. When I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and thought the name was familiar, my jaw was on the floor when I discovered he was in half the kid sitcoms I watched growing up.

8 hours ago, Eric Lightyear said:

I remember him best as the boyfriend in the final season of the Nickelodeon series Zoey 101. When I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and thought the name was familiar, my jaw was on the floor when I discovered he was in half the kid sitcoms I watched growing up.

Was I the only who saw Ruby and the Rockits? 😂

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah. I think it should. I think 40M+ OW is happening which should definitely be enough... Even high 30s or mid 30s would probably do it. Mid 30s would make it a toss up with TGM though.

Ngl, I may go higher. I remember seeing someone here throw out 60m based off pre sales.

The four-hour “Elvis” cut also included a greater exploration of Elvis’ relationship with “first girlfriend, Dixie,” Luhrmann said. “And later on how… once he’s caught in a trap, and he’s discombobulated and doesn’t understand… someone who’s got such a hole in his heart like Elvis constantly looking and searching for love and finding it on stage but nowhere else.”

Luhrmann also shot scenes that tackled Elvis’ “addiction to barbiturates and all of that.” The filmmaker added, “What happens is he starts doing wackadoo things – like going down to see Nixon. I had it in there for a while but there just comes a point where you can’t have everything in, so I just tried to track the spirit of the character.”