CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

5 fresh reviews not added yet: 

James Mottram - South China Morning Post
Fico Cangiano - CineXpress
Grace Randolph - Beyond the Trailer
Linda Marric - The Jewish Chronicle
James Mottram - The National News

tbh if they really wanted to save this franchise and guarantee big bucks they would just make it all about the Nifflers. Probably the most merchandise-friendly characters that have been introduced in the entire Wizarding World franchise yet.

Niffler Fantastic GIF - Niffler Fantastic Beasts - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

tbh if they really wanted to save this franchise and guarantee big bucks they would just make it all about the Nifflers. Probably the most merchandise-friendly characters that have been introduced in the entire Wizarding World franchise yet.

Niffler Fantastic GIF - Niffler Fantastic Beasts - Discover & Share GIFs

Is this a character people care about?

At least fan reactions seem positive...

I think the Grindelwald/Dumbledore storyline may end up being one of the most revered in the entire franchise...shame it was only in one film.

At least this film is a major win for representation done ORGANICALLY in a major blockbuster franchise.

It's already a miracle that the film is there considering the buckets of shit he received between Depp, Rowling etc. I think his 60 on RT (Sonic is in these waters there) is already not bad, many LOVE to fall on this film and wait for that.

60 on RT with 35 reviews 

Edited by Noiret Jak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

But let's be honest, audience reception to this film will likely be positive. 

Well Yates made that Tarzan movie some years back which was rotten critically, but generally liked well enough by audiences. SoD could have the same adventurous vibe to get decent word of mouth from people. 

6 hours ago, Tarintino said:

There seemed to be alot of "lets boycott fantastic beasts" posts after his firing but then we could also argue he's not been a draw for a long time now anyway. If this flops then Aquaman follows suit then we can draw conclusions 

Depp fans couldn't even beat the Camila Cabello army at the Oscars Fan Favorite, you think they have the power to make this and Aquaman 2 tank at the box office? I mean, it could happen, but not because of their boycott.

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

After years of defending this franchise and pushing for this film's success, I am now no longer on board with making a fourth or fifth film even if I LOVE this film.

You shouldn't stop supporting a franchise you love just because critics don't feel the same way. 

I don't think WW is dead even with the state of the movie, nostalgia will be strong and bring people back with the right product. But they should probably take a break, bring in new people, and take a hard look at where they want to go with it to make something the fans want.

• Like 1

Regarding Johnny Depp, certain people will most likely celebrate this movie’s inevitable underperformance as a victory, but the previous installment already showed very clear diminishing returns. There’s no reason to think that Depp staying on would have improved things. His days of being a box office draw are long gone. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

You shouldn't stop supporting a franchise you love just because critics don't feel the same way. 

That's not what I'm saying at all. Unless it's a box office surprise and gets great audience WOM (latter much more likely than the former) then the series will be in okay form.

But I think it is best that the series ends.