Eric the IF

Megalopolis l Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

>Cesar (Adam Driver), in turn, would be a master builder, a great architect, designer, and scientist combining elements of Robert Moses, as portrayed in the brilliant biography The Power Broker

lol, I love it

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

10 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

Lol, let's pretend it's not new incarnation of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead ))

It’s not like he’s promising a completely new and never seen before story by doing a movie openly inspired by the catiline conspiracy lol

I mean, he quoted like 20 names of people that inspired him for this movie and said it contains everything he learned in his lifetime about these themes.

He’s just doing his version rethink to modern world, of course it’s a new incarnation of many things.

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean, he quoted like 20 names of people that inspired him for this movie and said it contains everything he learned in his lifetime about these themes.

Sure, but he won't name Ayn, cuz he doesn't need more  scrutiny, hehe

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah when I saw the image I thought it looks like the Volume considering the budget

wiki says they decided  to use greenscreen after some shooting occurred, but it's unclear at what point change happened

Edited by cinema pal

4 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

In his statement to VF, Coppola includes a long list of names that influenced the creation of “Megalopolis”: “I wouldn’t have been able to make it without standing as I do on the shoulders of G.B. Shaw, Voltaire, Rousseau, Bentham, Mill, Dickens, Emerson, Thoreau, Fuller, Fournier, Morris, Carlyle, Ruskin, Butler, and Wells all rolled into one; with Euripides, Thomas More, Moliere, Pirandello, Shakespeare, Beaumarchais, Swift, Kubrick, Murnau, Goethe, Plato, Aeschylus, Spinoza, Durrell, Ibsen, Abel Gance, Fellini, Visconti, Bergman, Bergson, Hesse, Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Cao Xueqin, Mizoguchi, Tolstoy, McCullough, Moses, and the prophets all thrown in.” 

Will admit to letting myself get excited

Taylor Swift?

3 hours ago, cinema pal said:

Lol, let's pretend it's not new incarnation of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead ))

Given Coppola's politics, I really doubt that.

And it's not like every movie about an artist struggling to bring about his creation is a theft from "THe Fountainhead",

Edited by dudalb

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

Given Coppola's politics, I really doubt that.

And it's not like every movie about an artist struggling to bring about his creation is a theft from "THe Fountainhead",

Ehm, as if politics of Zack Snyder (who wanted to make a new adaptation of FH) allign perfectly with Rand?)) Not sure. 

And how about not "any movie about an artist", but specifically about an struggling architect? How many can you name?

thats at least an hour shorter than I expected

hope its 2:18 min long because coppola wanted it to be 2:18 min long and not an example of why self-funding 9 digit productions is a bad idea