cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

INo fan of the current Warner's CEO, but in the end making money for stockholders is the reason that WB exists.\ and a CEO who fails at that will not stick around for long no matter how many good movies he makes.

Don;t kid yourself otherwise. 

It has always been about the Benji's, with movies just a means to that end.

I don't care

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Comicbookmovie.com takes me back. Used to be a very active user there between 2009-2014 or so. The site still looks the exact same from a decade ago which is rare for a site tbh.

I stopped going on that site once I realised Deadline will post the legit news first, and all the other news on CBM are just spoilers.

There’s an exasperating trend in superhero movies that has reached the end of its shelf life and needs to be chucked. Back in the 2010s, a light touch seemed fresh and funny, with quippy, ironic dialogue popularized by Joss Whedon’s “The Avengers” that felt revolutionary, and snarky, motor-mouthed performances from stars like Ryan Reynolds in “Deadpool” that were downright radical. But one whiff of the “Shazam!” sequel “Shazam! Fury of the Gods” and you’ll find that this overly jokey approach is well past its expiration date.

The D.C. movie is exceedingly grating, labored and annoying, and that’s in large part due to star Zachary Levi’s utterly confounding performance as Shazam, the superhero alter ego of teenage Billy Batson (Asher Angel).

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2023-03-15/review-shazam-fury-of-the-gods-has-an-attitude-problem

people getting tired of jokey comic book movies and want more mature stuff?

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2023-03-15/review-shazam-fury-of-the-gods-has-an-attitude-problem

people getting tired of jokey comic book movies and want more mature stuff?

Classic role reversal now that DC has finally started making Marvel movies in tone lmao, I'm expecting big things from The Flash and I expect Blue Beetle to get Shazam-level reviews but I have no hope for this or Aquaman before Gunn's reset

This will probably end up close to the fresh/rotten border which is about what I expected tbh. Won't be enough to save this movie's doomed box office. I guess something in March needed to disappoint (If you don't count 65 lol). This is opening in over 4000 theatres right? What's the record for lowest opening over 4000 theatres?