cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if the events of Black Adam take place after Shazam! Fury of the Gods as you'd think the Wizard would be concerned not just with the Daughters of Atlas but also Black Adam.

I think that’s the case, ya. Maybe Black Adam shows up in a post credit scene for Shazam(or not lol).

16 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think that’s the case, ya. Maybe Black Adam shows up in a post credit scene for Shazam(or not lol).

David F. Sandberg said that he has no idea what the plans are for Black Adam, so I doubt he’s gonna show up in this movie, unless Sandberg is lying. 

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

David F. Sandberg said that he has no idea what the plans are for Black Adam, so I doubt he’s gonna show up in this movie, unless Sandberg is lying. 

Ya, I don’t know either way, the only thing I’ve read online is the spoiler post credit scene for Black adam( if that’s even true itself).

Last movie was my favorite DCEU film and this looks to be more of the same with Mirren looking like she's in camp mode which I'm down for (1st movie should've been a bigger hit but yanno squeezed between Marvel joints, DC fans alienated by a movie aimed at children which reminds them most of these characters originally were created for kids, OS markets not going for the humor, etc.) 

It's odd how we saw nothing from Aquaman 2 or Flash (the former being MIA at the panel is surprising, the latter wasn't) considering both showed up in this trailer. 

If we ever get another justice league movie, Levy will be a fun presence within that ensemble. 

6 minutes ago, RRA said:

It's odd how we saw nothing from Aquaman 2 or Flash (the former being MIA at the panel is surprising, the latter wasn't) considering both showed up in this trailer. 

Both Black Adam and Shazam are New Line productions and there are rumours about another DC Fandome this year so maybe that's why.

I want to say that I loved, loved, loved this. It feels like a great family movie for the holidays. Hopefully it pulls a Jumanji, and just kind of keeps plugging along through December and January to make a really nice total in the end

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I know it's unfair cause Black Panther 2 basically sucked all the air out of the room, but relatively speaking, how is the trailer doing? 

I don’t think any really follows this stuff as closely as the marvel ones.

The only info I have is the trailer released on the WB/dc channel at the same time and has 11m views and 300k likes. So nothing special really. I didn’t look at other social media numbers, I imagine it’s not very high.