Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

On 4/25/2019 at 9:59 AM, eXtacy said:

Endgame has entered IMDB top 250 at #17 all time on their top 250 movies. It will rise as more votes come in.

Infinity War peaked at #9 for a while. Lets see if i can match or surpass that.

Average rating 9.2 with 30000 votes.

And it has surpassed Infinity War.

Now #8 on all time!

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

Just now, blackspider said:

No doubt the holidays played a factor but Endgame still has to face a traditional Friday work day with all schools in session. That does put a cap on its potential. I still think this breaks True Friday record easily but like I mentioned in a earlier post, with such massive previews this will be behave more like TFA on Friday then switch to typical Marvel patterns on Saturday and Sunday IMO.

I mean yeah the percentage increase will be less than IW, but the actual number is going to be giant. I mean just looking at my theater even Friday mornings, matinees are sold everything but front row. 

4 minutes ago, tupek said:

Is there anyone who DIDN'T like Infinity War, but liked Endgame? 

Yeah, several critics/reviews/social media reactions expressed this. Don’t recall any links offhand.

Edited by Thanos Legion

A guy in my theater brought his crying baby and someone in the audience screamed: "GET OUT!"

I also heard "Get off your phone!"

Luckily this happened within the first 10 minutes and I never heard from the baby again...

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Menor said:

I mean yeah the percentage increase will be less than IW, but the actual number is going to be giant. I mean just looking at my theater even Friday mornings, matinees are sold everything but front row. 

No doubt. I have my OD pegged right now at 139m. Still boggles my mind that we’re throwing these numbers around nonchalantly. I remember how mind blowing Sith’s 50m OD was back in ‘05. Crazy how far we’ve come.

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, rerga said:

A guy in my theater brought his crying baby and someone in the audience screamed: "GET OUT!"

I also heard "Get off your phone!"

Luckily this happened within the first 10 minutes and I never heard from the baby again...

people who bring toddlers to the cinema are fucking assholes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, blackspider said:

No doubt. I have my OD pegged right now at 139m. Still boggles my mind that we’re throwing these numbers around nonchalantly. I remember how mind blowing Sith’s 50m OD was back in ‘05. Crazy how far we’ve come.

Yeah agreed, should be 135-140 (!!!!!), assuming Deadline increases that number to something 55m+. Below 55m, I might have to revise my expectations lower.

I think people are actually underestimating Friday. What ever it does in previews I think it does at least 133% times that on True Friday. So if it does 60M in previews it will do at least 80M on True Friday. Infinity War's True Friday was 172% of its previews so it seems pretty reasonable to expect it to do that tbh, especially looking at how spread out over the weekend the presales are. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I have now just realized that for the last year, AIW stands for Avengers Infinity Wars, and not Alice In Wonderland.

AIW vs AiW :ph34r:

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The people have spoken: Endgame is better than The Empire Strikes Back, Goodfellas, The Silence of the Lambs, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Yup

yup

yup

yup

• ...wtf 1

Just now, a2k said:

AIW vs AiW :ph34r: Also if the comment is positive about the boxoffice it's Infinity Wars :lol:

I would argue that Alice In Wonderland's box office was even more impressive than Infinity War's, unless you're referring to the sequel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

I would argue that Alice In Wonderland's box office was even more impressive than Infinity War's, unless you're referring to the sequel. 

AIW’s BO was great, but saying it’s better than AIW’s BO is a bit of a stretch imo.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

people who bring toddlers to the cinema are fucking assholes

Man, I'm glad it happened early in the film...

Did he pay for a child ticket? Why did he bring the baby? How did he leave? Was he kicked out because he and a few guys were standing up...

So many questions...

36 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I guess I'm the only person in the world who saw a movie that wasn't named Avengers tonight

You're lucky you got to see a movie at all (Don't go to college. It'll ruin your life)