FlashMaster659

Avengers: Endgame Wednesday Thread: 25.25M

49 minutes ago, peludo said:

I can give a very simple example:

Spain

Avatar sold 9.5 million admissions

Today Euro/Dollar ER=1.13

77*1.13=$87m, what means $23m lower just in Spain. You can apply the same to the whole Eurozone.

Do you want to talk about inflation? Today average ticket price in Spain is €6.5, tipically €1m more in 3D showtimes. Even if EVERY ticket sold had been in 3D we would be talking about:

9.5 million*7.5 = €71.25m what means $80.5m, $29.5m lower than the original gross.

And this is just one country...

So true in France it did $175M for 14,7M admissions, with Endgame average price of $8,64 that would be around $127M, $48M gap!!! TFA did $88M for 10,4M admissions, that's an average ticket $8,46.

Edited by Bagatelle31
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

With IW trend, Friday will be 47.7.

My math broke I have no idea. Calculation complete failure

Still comes out to 174.1 so you would be correct with a 2.5% cushion

Edited by cdsacken

28 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Everyone's gonna freak Friday when jumps but not as much as folks hope but higher than IW jumped. Then, it's gonna do bonkers numbers Saturday and, again like IW, have a insanely impressive Sunday.

this should be pinned. These movies have muted Fridays (relative to expectations), bonkers Saturday jumps and great Sunday holds (that always get lowballed in estimates). 

• Like 1

Regarding this Avatar topic:

Spoiler

Avatar just came at a great moment, 3D was slowly rising and Avatar was the film at the right moment, with great exchange rates and new technology done by James Cameron, so it became highest grosses by a big margin.

It grossed 2.7B. And if IW beats it now than it happens, that is what happens with a growing population and growing market sizes everywhere.

And Avatar nowadays would still look impressive in Europe, just not to the extend it did 2010, in Germany average ticket price was roughly $14.3, that's higher than the average ticket price for (I think) every movie that followed and now 10 years later, Endgame has an average ticket price of about $12.6... (10 years later, ticket price is 13.5% less! so over the whole run, it will probably be 15% less)

None the less it was an amazing run.

Now back to Dom:

Endgame doing 25m on Wednesday is great.

Comparing it to TFA it still would be 88.6m ahead!

It will lose probably 5m tomorrow and then gain 10-15m over the weekend so almost 100m ahead at the end of the weekend.

The second set of Weekdays will be where Endgame will lose quite a lot, probably up to $60m, for that it would need to do $52m. Most likely it will lose less. With loosing 60m it would still be 40m ahead.

But to Endgames advantage after the third weekend, TFA returned to normal.

So I guess final could be around 960-970m, though I still see a scenario where it fails to outgross TFA.

Edited by Taruseth

Just now, sfran43 said:

So it needed roughly 1 week to outgross Ultron? Interesting, since thats also roughly the time Ultrons "Age" lasted in his movie :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

So it needed roughly 1 week to outgross Ultron? Interesting, since thats also roughly the time Ultrons "Age" lasted in his movie :ph34r:

tumblr_ooawlzfMbj1s4fblho6_400.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I just feel Sunday's going to be considerably higher than Friday. Maybe close to 10M higher even. IW's second Sunday was 5M+ higher than it's second Friday.

Works for me. However we get to 170 :D

Pessimistic Scenario
Thursday: $21m
2nd Weekend: $150m
M-Th: $40m
3rd Weekend: $75m

17-Day Total: $738m

Realistic Scenario 
Thursday: $22.5m
2nd Weekend: $162m
M-Th: $47m
3rd Weekend: $85m

17-Day Total: $768m

Optimistic Scenario
Thursday: $23.5m
2nd Weekend: $175m

M-Th: $55m
3rd Weekend: $96m
17-Day Total: $802m

• Like 3

Every film except The Avengers, which crossed $600mn, sequel dropped to 63-67%. Well there are only two I am talking; TFA and JW. Age of Ultron dropped to 73% and BP 2 is most certainly joining the sequels club.

@IronJimbo $550mn incoming. A2. 😛😛

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2