FlashMaster659

Avengers: Endgame Wednesday Thread: 25.25M

Just now, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

I’d just be cautious on the Friday increases in particular. Its already setting non-holiday weekday records. One should not expect much higher than 100% if it even gets there 

Not expecting more than 100% give or take a couple of %s

But with a reportedly now 25.3m Wed, Thur would be with a larger than before10% drop - $22.77m

A 90% jump would get it to 43.263 Friday

A lower than usual 3.5x FSS Monday would still hit $150m. 

With AOU legs from then on out it would hit $900m

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Thur drops all between 8.5 and 9%

So Wed at $25 + Thur at $22.25 with a 9% drop for a $474.5 running total

AIW 102.9% Friday with a 3.649 w/e multi or 7.4x Thur
Avengers: 135.8% Friday with a 3.52 w/e multi or 8.316x Thur
AOU = 146.5% Friday with a 3.66 w/e multi  or 9.026 Thur

AEG 2nd w/e with AIW ($166.5m) Avengers ($187.11) & AOU ($202.5m)

AIW did $225.7m more after it's 2nd w/e (1.966 x $114.77m) to $678.8m
AOU did $145.6m more after it's 2nd w/e (1.872 x $77.75m) to $459m
Avengers did $250.29m more after it's 2nd w/e (2.43 x $103.05m) to $623.357m

Using the lowest W/E of $166.5m from other Avengers comps

AEG with post 2nd w/e AIW multis
$474.5m + $166.5m =  $641m +
(166.5 x 1.966) = $327.34m
= $968.339

Using the highest post 2nd w/e multi (Avengers) it's $641+ (166.5 x 2.43x) 404.595 = $1,045.6m

Using the lowest post 2nd w/e multi (AOU) it's $641m + (166.5 x1.872) $311.688 = $951.69m

Now, using the high end comps - $202.5m (AOU w/e) x Avengers (2.43x post 2nd w/e multi) = $492.075 + $474.5m + $202.5m = $1.169B

Yeah that seems reasonable :lol:

Bp Thursday drop was 3% (massive Wednesday drop though). I'm not saying 24 is gonna happen but I'm not saying it's impossible either :D

If 25.3 is correct a 6.1% drop is 23.75. 23.2 would be an 8.3% drop

3 hours ago, Mekanos said:

Something I feel might prove to be a logistical barrier to overcome for an MCU movie to hit 900+ is lack of multi-generational appeal compared to Star Wars. People from 5 to 80 were excited about a sequel to Return Of The Jedi. Does Endgame carry that kind of broad appeal? It's a sequel to a 22 movie franchise that started a decade ago. Obviously Marvel Comics in general does have older fans, but nowhere near to the extent as Star Wars.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I actually think so because everyone has read comics and watched cartoons featuring all of these characters; comics used to be taboo and now thanks to the blow up of the genre in the 2000s specifically with Spider-Man, X-Men (tho shout out to Blade in 1998 imo kept the genre on life support after Batman and Robin), Nolan's Batman Films on route to Iron Man and the MCU being a "dork" isn't anything to be "ashamed of" anymore. There's A LOT of that demo out there. Now "dorkiness" is mainstream, meaning "casuals" who don't even care for the comics love the movies, which is a testament in part to Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios and the other films I mentioned. Plus the MCU hasn't been done before to this extent- post credits scenes connecting 22 movies in 11 years. That's spans a huge range. Millions of people's childhoods are literally coming to life on screen in a solid fashion and we're seeing the payoff. 

The sequel to ROTJ was the REAL Star Wars movie everyone wanted to see, not the prequels.  And that movie with an insane domestic total is about to be surpassed by a Marvel movie; there is no question about its broad appeal..

If Endgame misses 936 million it will probably be pretty close.

Edited by jaybox

9 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

JC fans right now 

maxresdefault.jpg

Honestly 10 years? Glad someone finally came at the king. Now we have an evil to defeat with Avatar 2 or the Avatar re release, adds some spice.

The more cocky people get will just make it all that sweeter when A2 makes 4 billies.

Also if Endgame misses now it will be hysterical.

Avatar size release today would make 3.5b at least... Check Avatar thread for analysis.

Side Note, image there shows the difference between Jim and studio manufactured cookie cooker filmmaking. That scene is beautiful its hard not to cry, the difference in filmmaking is so astronomical its comical.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

5 hours ago, expensiveho said:

Discount Tuesdays continue to hurt huge openers. 

I wonder, if EG second Tuesday will also decrease considering it'll still do huge numbers (like a $160-200m opener / $140-170m without previews)

IMO, no, next week will start to see more normal patterns.  When you have 15 ill Monday instead of 36, there's lots of room to increase on Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stripe said:

Once again, awesome number. And still any sign of frontloadness. Around 640M after 2nd weekend is kind of assured at this point.

Think about this: TFA will barely reduce the gap with EG despite the incredible Holiday legs it had.

Well, I find normal that EG can keep the distance with TFA since EG is having "usual" weekdays considering the OW it has had. It is just that EG's OW is 110 million bigger than TFA's, so the margin to drop deeper without losing too much difference with TFA is considerable :)

Let's try (and maybe I am being conservative):

EG OW: 357

EG Mon-Thu: 115

EG 2nd weekend: 160 (-46% drop relative to true OW weekend)

EG Mon-Thu: 60 (TFA will reduce the gap during these 4 days, when it did 110 million)

EG 3rd weekend: 85

So EG after 17 days: 777 million

and TFA after 17 days was at 742

After this, the TFA's run gets normalized.

35 million gap in favor of EG after 3rd weekend. Unless something strange happens, I see more probable to reach $1b than to fall under TFA.

• Like 4

25M, great number!  Still ahead of TA and IW as a % of OW.  Hard to say where exactly the next weekend lands, I don't see this going under 160M.  170M looking pretty likely.  180M for a 50% drop would be a good aspirational goal.

Edited by IceFire9yt

46 minutes ago, jaybox said:

I actually think so because everyone has read comics and watched cartoons featuring all of these characters;

I was the only one here who actually read comics (not in an compareable amount acc to some here).

I have not seen any cartoon version.

My son neither read them nor watch those, as far as I know also not his friends (at least the majority, as they were only teenanger / YA I had them in part with us for a drive to the cinema were they found it funny that I did read them in the past)

1 hour ago, HFFC77 said:

Do we have yesterday's OS numbers including China?

In OS the predictions seem to circle round 150m.

$75m for China is known.

But yesterday in a LOT of countries was a public holiday, beside China (where it slows down for Thursday in a bigger way) Thursday is a working day again.

30 minutes ago, pepsa said:

@MadmenEndgame Why do you give so many not cools? I mean why do you not cool Charlie's number?

Shivampa/Manhunt/Matthew/MadmenEndgame -(02/21/19)- Permanently Banned  for trolling multiple threads and creating a duplicate account. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Knock It Off 1

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Avatar size release today would make 3.5b at least... Check Avatar thread for analysis.

I would very much like to see that analysis, because considering the exchange rates, inflation, change in movie-viewing, I don't see it happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

25 is a great number. Again beating expectations.

22.0 (-12%)

42.5 (+93%)

64.5 (+52%)

49.5 (-23%)

= 156.5 (-56%)

Edited by a2k
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1