FlashMaster659

Avengers: Endgame Wednesday Thread: 25.25M

25m is what I would define as a very good number, 23m would have been good, 21m would have been meh, anything below would be bad,

Lets hope it holds. The 25m the estimate is later than usual, so I would think there was less estimation involved. 

Edited by Birdo Mandingo

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Would be 24.5% drop compared to IW 26.7%

Weekend was 38.5% over IW

Monday was 48.5% over 

Tuesday was 47.4% over

Wednesday would be 47.4% over at 25m

If that 47.4% trend over IW holds it would translate to a 169M weekend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dakus said:

If that 47.4% trend over IW holds it would translate to a 169M weekend.

And if it does a 169m weekend, I think it edges out TFA, beating TFA but falling short of 1 billion.  I think we need 180m this weekend we get to start talking about 1 billion.

Edited by Birdo Mandingo
  • Like 1

3rd best (again) non-holiday, non-opening day(s) Wednesday, behind the first two TFA Wednesdays.

I’m sensing a trend lol.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Would be 24.5% drop compared to IW 26.7%

Weekend was 38.5% over IW

Monday was 48.5% over 

Tuesday was 41.4% over

Wednesday would be 47.4% over at 25m

Discount Tuesdays continue to hurt huge openers. 

I wonder, if EG second Tuesday will also decrease considering it'll still do huge numbers (like a $160-200m opener / $140-170m without previews)

Edited by expensiveho

1 minute ago, expensiveho said:

Discount Tuesdays continue to hurt huge openers. 

I wonder, if EG second Tuesday will also decrease considering it'll still do huge numbers (like a $160-200m opener / $140-170m without previews)

It makes sense. You had a max capacity weekend spilling into weekdays, then just 1 day later you are selling tickets at much less. Even with better admission you are going to see a drop.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sam said:

3rd best (again) non-holiday, non-opening day(s) Wednesday, behind the first two TFA Wednesdays.

I’m sensing a trend lol.

Non holiday, in Belgium we call the whole christmas periode Holiday this is so strange to me 😛 

But yeah holidays mean vacation and a specific non work day.

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

Really a strong Wednesday number, but I still can't help but feel the potential for the second weekend is being overestimated by and large. It's possibly me just being a little gun shy, remembering how The Dark Knight and TFA were expected to perform stronger than they did(and keep in mind, they both still set the second weekend record at the time), as incredible weekdays numbers offset the weekend. 

I would certainly love to see a $170M+ second weekend, and this thing has been breaking expectations since Friday, but damn the weekday numbers are so big my gut tells me it's gonna come down to Earth a bit... or, well, come down to the stratosphere at least.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Really a strong Wednesday number, but I still can't help but feel the potential for the second weekend is being overestimated by and large. It's possibly me just being a little gun shy, remembering how The Dark Knight and TFA were expected to perform stronger than they did(and keep in mind, they both still set the second weekend record at the time), as incredible weekdays numbers offset the weekend. 

I would certainly love to see a $170M+ second weekend, and this thing has been breaking expectations since Friday, but damn the weekday numbers are so big my gut tells me it's gonna come down to Earth a bit... or, well, come down to the stratosphere at least.

Yeah I definitely agree there. Despite being the maker of the 200m 2nd weekend club, I think the demand's starting to be burnt off.

• Sad 2

Base off of a 25M Wed

Follow IW from Thu thru FSS

22.6 Thu (-8.6%)

45.86 Fri (+102.9%)

68.05 Sat (+48.4%)

53.42 Sun (-21.5%)

>>2nd weekend total: 167.33M (-53.14%) Cume: 642M

Following TA

22.75 Thu (-9%)

53.65 Fri (+135.8%)

78.75 Sat (+46.8%)

56.78 Sun (-27.9%)

>>2nd weekend total: 189.18M (-47%) Cume: 664M

And lastly, following Ultron (which would give it the best figures, ironically) 

22.88 Thu (-8.5%)

56.39 Fri (+146.5%)

89.88 Sat (+59.4%)

60.22 Sun (-33%)

>>2nd weekend total: 206.5M (-42.2%) Cume: 681.5M

Considering how big weekdays have been with so much demand already burned off, I think we can safely throw the Ultron projections out the window. TA projections too most likely. 

I think following IW will be close to the high end target for EG.

All 3 comparisons point to 22M+ as the target to hit for Thu number though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

A couple million better than I expected, should that number hold. Even if actuals are closer to 24, still good. 

At this point, I can't see a huge surprise on Thu (anything more than a 10% or less than 5% drop), so it's all about that Fri increase for me atm. Another interesting weekend ahead.

Edited by reddevil19