kayumanggi

FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW | 585.1 M overseas ● 759.1 M worldwide

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Extremely unlikely given the available information. Maybe it can leg to 180+ but color me skeptical.

KOTM did 1.92x with 8.5 on Maoyan. HS is on 8.6 atm and gonna need 2.1x to hit 200 with 95.5-96 ow. Difficult but not extremely imo.

I'm not sure it'll hit 170, tracking pretty close to Straight Outta Compton:

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Fast-and-Furious-Presents-Hobbs-and-Shaw-(2019)/Straight-Outta-Compton#tab=day_by_day_comparison

Edit Aug 26, after looking again I think @Thanos Legion @Stevenand @a2k are right, it'll get to or just past 170m.  

Going into the weeds on this....

PG13 movies have better labor day holds than rated R movies so it'll do better next weekend relative to SOC, and beyond that it's holding even with SOC on weekend 4 even though SOC had the holiday.  If it holds like Suicide Squad from here on out it could even leg it up a little past 175 (SS having pretty good late legs I wouldn't say that's a good bet yet, but next weekend we'll know for sure).

Edited by MattW
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steven said:

170m(DOM)+190m(China)+370m(OS-Ch)=730m

All unadjusted below and not that relevant but:

That would be a 730/1,236.0, 60% retention rate from a spin-off relative to the last entry and 48% of the peak entry.

Bumblebee: 468 / 605, 77% and 41% of the series peak of 1,123.8M

Fantastic beast: 814.0/1,341.5, 60% of both

Minions: 112% of the series peak

Puss in Boots: 74% of the previous entry, 60% of the series peak

Would not surprise me if it is an indication that the overall main franchise decline could continue.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

All unadjusted below and not that relevant but:

That would be a 730/1,236.0, 60% retention rate from a spin-off relative to the last entry and 48% of the peak entry.

Bumblebee: 468 / 605, 77% and 41% of the series peak of 1,123.8M

Fantastic beast: 814.0/1,341.5, 60% of both

Minions: 112% of the series peak

Puss in Boots: 74% of the previous entry, 60% of the series peak

Would not surprise me if it is an indication that the overall main franchise decline could continue.

I mean fast and furious 7 really did a unbelievable and saw a massive growth from 6th one due to Paul walker death 

8th did 300 million less 

9th won’t have the rock in it. Probably will see another decline 

but don’t think the series was really supposed to be this massive but Paul walker tragic death just skyrocketed it 

Monster $101.8M opening wknd in China for #HobbsAndShaw lifting new # boxoffice totals to $441.2M intl, $147.7M domestic & $588.9M global. Final gross of $800M is possible for this #FastAndFurious spinoff which would be #3 for the franchise after parts 7 & 8. $5.7B for series.

Edited by Steven

34 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Added an extra $21m in the last week WW, should do $25m more to get around $765m. That's 'only' a 38% drop from the 8th entry, the last jedi dropped 35% and that wasn't a spin off so I would say this isn't to bad in the end. 

They'll probably want to reduce the budget for future spin-offs though. $200 million budget for a mid-$700 million finish is probably lower than what Universal was expecting. 

3 hours ago, pepsa said:

Added an extra $21m in the last week WW, should do $25m more to get around $765m. That's 'only' a 38% drop from the 8th entry, the last jedi dropped 35% and that wasn't a spin off so I would say this isn't to bad in the end. 

the drop dom will be around 23% which is very good. drop in china will be 47-48%. considering dom returns are 55% vs 25% from china it did not take as big a hit ww as it appears. 

a non-spinoff could itself have dropped that much dom going by F8's 2.29x multi and mixed reception. the studio will take heart from the 2.85-2.9x multi for HS. feel confident we will get HS2. they will need to reign in the prod budget like say jw2 did.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2