sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

Just now, cannastop said:

2019 is a bust. So much for biggest box office year ever.

Not like we got the biggest OW of all time by 100 million, and quite possibly the biggest movie worldwide since Avatar either.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nova said:

It's why I always say don't listen to test screenings. There are several instances in which the opposite of what's been said about the quality of a movie happens. 

Also like isn't the point of test screenings so that you can have a chance to improve your film after feedback? The way test screenings are being paraded by these bloggers are implying the film has already locked picture and can't change even if responses are bad.

• Like 1

Pikachu was fun though it falls apart completely during the third act and the story is really weak. My little cousin enjoyed, the rest was kind of mixed. Also not a lot of kids in the showing, more young adults and teens.

• Like 3

Quality wise this summer looks really weak for wide releases outside of Wick 3, Godzilla 2 and new Tarantino. Even then, those KOTM reactions may have been skewed due to a lot of the press being flown to Tokyo to see it at Toho. Hobbs & Shaw could be pretty fun, but last Fast film was terrible, and it was coming off three pretty fun ones.

Just now, TMP said:

Quality wise this summer looks really weak for wide releases outside of Wick 3, Godzilla 2 and new Tarantino. Even then, those KOTM reactions may have been skewed due to a lot of the press being flown to Tokyo to see it at Toho. Hobbs & Shaw could be pretty fun, but last Fast film was terrible, and it was coming off three pretty fun ones.

Toy Story 4? Far From Home? Annabelle 3 (Hopefully like Sanberg's)? And less likely but possibly The Lion King as well. Also with KoTM there's been other objective people who've seen it early like ViewerAnon, BOZ, Grim etc etc.

15 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

They need to stop making hybrid undefined films that don't fit into any particular demographic age wise. Define your audience and market to that.

I can understand why they went with Detective Pikachu as it's a fairly straight forward plot. I think for future films, perhaps tone down the humour and make it more epic. Having said that, I would like to see a Mystery Dungeon film.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Just now, ScoobyDoo21 said:

I wonder if there is any more updates on Saturday?  Wondering if Endgame is keeping steady with 62 or it will continue to drop more ,even going sub 60 which would be something if i wouldn't think is possible.

@RtheEnd might be here in an hour.

Just now, Mulder said:

Toy Story 4? Far From Home? Annabelle 3 (Hopefully like Sanberg's)? And less likely but possibly The Lion King as well. Also with KoTM there's been other objective people who've seen it early like ViewerAnon, BOZ, Grim etc etc.

Far From Home could be fun. Annabelle 3 could go either way, Sandberg really elevated what could have been a terrible film. Toy Story 4 looks a bit superfluous, but we'll see. 

37 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

As to test screenings, anybody remember the supposed test screening leak that had people running around saying Deadpool 2 was going to be a horrible movie and a bomb? Yeah, how did that turn out again?

Yeah, Jeremy Conrad started that nonsense and he kept saying Deadpool 2 wasn't testing well.

Once the movie got released, he started blocking everyone on twitter that were calling him out. Jeremy Conrad is a freaking arrogant guy. He's a big MCU fanboy. I mean, I have no problem with people being fanboys, but he was being a fanboy and was rooting against a movie sucess just because it was from another studio. 

• Like 4

Just now, TMP said:

Far From Home could be fun. Annabelle 3 could go either way, Sandberg really elevated what could have been a terrible film. Toy Story 4 looks a bit superfluous, but we'll see. 

Pixar pulled off Finding Dory so hopefully they can pull this off and not do a repeat of Monsters University. 

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, Jeremy Conrad started that nonsense and he kept saying Deadpool 2 wasn't testing well.

Once the movie got released, he started blocking everyone on twitter that were calling him out. Jeremy Conrad is a freaking arrogant guy. He's a big MCU fanboy. I mean, I have no problem with people being fanboys, but he was being a fanboy and was rooting against a movie sucess just because it was from another studio. 

Jeremy Conrad's a giant idiot. He's like the demon spawn of El Mayimbe. 

• Like 2

Toy Story 4 will probably more like Incredibles 2: Which was a good movie but doesn't live up to the original. My worries is that Disney's new found love of villain twists will pop up again for Toy Story 4. 

I am nervous of the possiblity of making Bo Peep the bad guy just for the sake of a twist.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Toy Story 4 will probably more like Incredibles 2: Which was a good movie but doesn't live up to the original. My worries is that Disney's new found love of villain twists will pop up again for Toy Story 4.

Monsters universe was most disappointing movie this decade for me

hope toy story is much better 

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

That Charizard design is pretty ugly. Prob worst design in movie too much scales 

I think will be a good Netflix movie for people who don’t wanna pay to watch it but like Pokémon 

Nailed it. I'm gonna do that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Also like isn't the point of test screenings so that you can have a chance to improve your film after feedback? The way test screenings are being paraded by these bloggers are implying the film has already locked picture and can't change even if responses are bad.

That's what I say every single time test screening reports come out from these bloggers but you know on the internet (and these forums) test screenings are the final cut of the movie :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

I mean Toy Story did it twice in a row and nobody seemed to care then lmao.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That twitter tantrum he threw over this

:hahaha: 

• Haha 2