sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

Partly why Captain Marvel had such a huge OW I feel was cause of the 8 Month gap between AMatW and Captain Marvel. While I definitely don't think Black Widow is making Captain Marvel numbers the 10 Month gap between FFH and Black Widow is definitely gonna have the GA ready for another MCU film. And I do feel people want more Black Widow content after Endgame than before. But we'll see I do think there's more to this movie that just Feige making up for lost time. 

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It’ll be 9 years too late actually 

See.  I stopped caring that I don't even know how far in the past 2013 was.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RtheEnd said:

Sat AEG 27.5,PDP 20.5

That would be a ~71% increase from Friday for Endgame, and a ~37% increase from True Friday for Pikachu.

Endgame looking perhaps at a ~$63-64M weekend (~57% drop), and Pikachu perhaps at a $55M+ weekend.

This will be only the 13th weekend ever at the box office that two films grossed over 50M each.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

Just now, MikeQ said:

That would be a ~71% increase from Friday for Endgame, and a ~37% increase from True Friday for Pikachu.

Endgame looking perhaps at a ~$63-64M weekend (~57% drop), and Pikachu perhaps at a $55M+ weekend.

This will be only the 13th weekend ever at the box office that two films each grossed over 50M.

Peace,

Mike

And both are live action film...The list before this were all live action + animation combo 

• Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

And both are live action film...The list before this were all live action + animation combo 

That's not true. Other weekends where two live-action films each grossed over 50M:

May 10-12, 2013

• Iron Man 3 — 72.5M
  • The Great Gatsby — 50.1M

December 25-27, 2009

• Sherlock Holmes — 62.3M

December 29-31, 2017

• Star Wars: The Last Jedi — 52.5M
  • Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle — 50.1M

Peace,

Mike

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

Although the drop for Endgame is larger than expected, it already has so much on its run that it will be a good result regardless. I think after this weekend it's chances to surpass The Force Awakens will have expired, but the second spot at a high margin is still great!

Honestly, Detective Pikachu's opening is fine. I suspect many were hoping it'd go higher but $55~m is nothing to be disappointed over. It should have alright legs and it will be profitable in the long run.

Nothing surprising about either number. My projection for Endgame was 27.2mil. Infinity War dropped 28.9% on Sunday the same time last year, I don't think Endgame is doing better than that, I think it could do a little worse honestly. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1