sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

We need great directors make Flash and Green Lantern.

I’m telling you space opera Green Lantern would be big. Have it mainly in space and focus on the relationship between Hal and Sinestro.

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Release date was bad but audience did not care for Shazam. WB did ok job with marketing and let early reviews in. He would be a better fit in a team up movie. If Joker breaks out, I dont see how WB invests in a Shazam sequel, unless they cast another Supes and have him in IM like role in Spidey movie.

These days if you have big budget movie not have OS appeal you are in trouble, Shazam did not have that despite good reviews.

DC has so many characters who would work in stand alone movies. We need great directors make Flash and Green Lantern.

Levi on his live stream the other day confirmed that a Shazam! sequel is happening. They could increase the budget to about $110M and add a few things here and there and I think it'll be fine. 

I really can't imagine a sequel decreasing especially since people who watched it really enjoyed it. I imagine it'll find an audience on home video and allow it to see an increase with a sequel. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Levi on his live stream the other day confirmed that a Shazam! sequel is happening. 

Keep the budget low and release it may be in early October like Joker. But its still going to do mediocre OS business. Trek could never grow in OS markets despite all movies having good reviews. 

Edit:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2471681/shazam-star-zachary-levi-doesnt-know-whats-next-for-the-dc-hero

This article is not saying Sequel is a go. I wont say its confirmed until its dated. Since it received good reviews, WB would want him back but not sure Shazam 2 is the right movie.

Edited by keysersoze123

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Keep the budget low and release it may be in early October like Joker. But its still going to do mediocre OS business. Trek could never grow in OS markets despite all movies having good reviews. 

Yea but Trek is still an on going franchise despite that. I mentioned it in last weekends thread but I feel like we need to let go of this idea that a movie needs to dominate in all markets in order for it to be a success/warrant it being a franchise starter. If Shazam! manages to do $400-500M per movie with a budget around $100M then I think that’s pretty great for it. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

The only place where Shazam and Pika are seen as Ls are here on BOT.

Shazam is a moderate success imo. DP I would say is ok. The extra forecasted 32-37 million in China yield 7.25-8.5m net revenue. With a budget of 50+ million it's going to barely break even vs Shazam made a decent profit.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t get how Shazam is being seen as an L, with it’s production budget of $100M, a $360M WW Gross is damn profitable.

Shazam does about as well as Ant-man.  Audiences seem to regard superhero comedies about the same.

• Like 1

While Shazam and Pikachu did ok, WB would love a breakout. I am sure they will have those with IT2 and Joker. Next year is even better with new Wondy and Nolan movies. They are fine as long as they get good film makers continue to make movies. Matt Reeves will make Batman trilogy, Aquaman and Wondy are in great shape as well.

• Like 3

Just now, cdsacken said:

I wouldn't say Batman is in a good place necessarily. Twlight star works maybe for Batman Beyond angle otherwise seems pretty suspect.

I agree. I don’t know what WB is thinking are they casting to attract fan girls of Twilight? I don’t think Pattinson is handsome and I don’t find him hot in the least. Plus, his acting isn’t that great. The jury is definitely out on this one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

This is already an awesome number for JW3!!

I wasn't even predicting $50M OW+, to be honest (more like in the mid to high 40s). I can't believe some of these people are calling it a disappointment when they were hoping for $60M and $70+ OW! For a second sequel to open above $50M when the first one didn't even make it for that domestic total is so awesome. 

If there is any movie that people should be more disappointed in, it should be The Sun is Also a Star and Longshot!!

Please stop complaining that it is only going to open in the 50 range. For goodness sakes, it will open higher than Mad Max: Fury Road!!!

To all these trolls who are saying that JW3 is a disappointment: #BYEFELICIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad that I got this off my chest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WB should be fine, IT2 and Joker should be decent sized moneymakers, and the jury is open on Godzilla. Next year, WW1984 should claim the domestic crown of 2020 with Avatar 2 gone. GVK and Nolan has huge breakout potential, and I want to say good things about Scoob but now I’m doubting it’ll be huge but Smallfoot to TLM2 numbers should be good if they didn’t go insane with the budget. 2021 has The Batman, which I think should be pretty big not $1.5B big but $1B has a good shot, and Space Jam 2 is still a wildcard. Can see anywhere from $100M to $200M DOM for it.