sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

22 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

This is not reddit, stop this nonsense.

I want him or anyone stop trying to make butthurtz more butthurt... if he was my borther or a friend i would stop him from doing it.. why dont you guys do it? ps. I dont "use" reddit period nor do i "use" internet as hiding places, everyone should behave everywhere like they do irl TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos

‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Takes Out ‘Avengers’ With $56M+ Opening, But ‘Endgame’ Bests ‘Avatar’ As 2nd Highest Grossing Pic Ever At Domestic B.O.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/john-wick-chapter-3-avengers-endgame-pokemon-detective-pikachu-weekend-box-office-1202617131/

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellumwhich is poised to open up to an estimated $56.9M. That’s the highest opening for Lionsgate since November 2015’s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2‘s $102.6M. 

BOX OFFICE FOR MAY 17-19

THUMB RANK FILM DIS. SCREENS (CHG) FRIDAY 3-DAY TOTAL WK
john-wick-3-e1558103445192.jpg?resize=50 1 John Wick: Chapter 3 LG 3,850 $22.5M $56.9M $56.9M 1
yrt1240_v194.1074.jpg?resize=500%2C281 2 Avengers: Endgame Dis 4,220 (-442) $7.1M (-56%) $27.7M (-56%) $769M 4
pikachu.jpg?resize=500%2C281 3 …Detective Pikachu WB/Leg 4,248 (+46) $6.1M (-70%) $23M (-58%) $92.1M 2
dog-jouney-this-one.jpg?resize=500%2C281 4 A Dog’s Journey Uni/Amb 3,267 $2.5M $8.75M (-35%) $8.75M 1
hustle.jpg?resize=500%2C281 5 The Hustle UA/MGM 3,077 $1.8M (-53%) $6.5M (-50%) $23.6M 2
intruder-2.jpg?resize=500%2C281 6 The Intruder Sony 2,231 (+9) $1M (-37%) $3.95M (-44%) $28M 3
longshot.jpg?resize=500%2C281 7 Long Shot LG 2,110 (-1,120) $882K (-47%) $3.1M
(-50%)
$25.4M 3
sun-is-also-a-star-2.jpeg?resize=500%2C2 8 The Sun Is Also A Star WB/MGM 2,073 $1M $2.85M $2.85M 1
poms.jpg?resize=500%2C281 9 Poms STX 2,750 $704K (-53%) $2.3M
(-55%)
$10.3M 2
uglydolls-3.jpg?resize=500%2C281 10 UglyDolls STX 2,030 (-1,622) $335K (-65%) $1.3M
(-67%)
$17M 3
Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have to agree with previous posts I've seen on the forum that mention leggy runs are more interesting than gigantic openings. There is absolutely no way to talk about Endgame as having a disappointing run - you would need to be so disconnected from reality so as to be tweeting at 4 AM from the White House... 

But... I just can't help but feel there's something missing from the box office right now, which is weird in the aftermath of the second biggest movie ever. I suppose it's the instant gratification, the rush of that opening that will always cast a bit of a shadow over the rest of its run. Personally, I would have much preferred an OW just under 300 and legs to 850. Same destination, just a more interesting journey. 

Glad JW is opening as well as most people hoped. 

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

I want him or anyone stop trying to make butthurtz more butthurt... if he was my borther or a friend i would stop him from doing it.. why dont you guys do it? ps. I dont "use" reddit or internet as hiding places, everyone should behave everywhere like they do irl TTVOMJ

Behave in what way? If someone get's irrationally mad at something they derserve to be poked fun at.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Behave in what way? If someone get's irrationally mad at something they derserve to be poked fun at.

Fair enough.. you make your own rules as to what should be done to these poor souls(sheep)..so i do will do it to you.. imagine you do this in front of me to someone(pissing him off because he likes a movie and you think he shouldnt be pissed about it so you judge him harshly)..i would then piss in a bottle and throw it in your face hoping to get you riled up so much that i would need to "defend" ^^ hihihi..thats where the fun starts... not everyone can defend themselves so i have to come.. and i just come here for data... ps. Behave like a d*** to people that like endgame?... try it irl and you get your face grind..fair enough?^^ love..peace!! Follow that rather than blind cynicm TTVOMJ

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

16 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Fair enough.. you make your own rules as to what should be done to these poor souls(sheep)..so i do will do it to you.. imagine you do this in front of me to someone(pissing him off because he likes a movie and you think he shouldnt be pissed about it so you judge him harshly)..i would then piss in a bottle and throw it in your face hoping to get you riled up so much that i would need to "defend" ^^ hihihi..thats where the fun starts... not everyone can defend themselves so i have to come.. and i just come here for data... ps. Behave like a d*** to people that like endgame?... try it irl and you get your face grind..fair enough?^^ love..peace!! Follow that rather than blind cynicm TTVOMJ

I can't tell if you're threatening me? Can you speak normally to give me a fighting chance of understanding you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Lighten up Francis

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I can't tell if you're threatening me? Can you speak normally to give me a fighting chance of understanding you.

No, but i am trying to paint a picture in which you see your behaviour is disgusting and only possible online.. i try to convince good people to react to that and make you and anyone who does it purposefully to stop.. in balkan bullies get bullied... here they can have growth because some other disgusting person is also brave enough to support your behaviour... you use freedom of speech i use freedom of metaphore... what else can you say to this? Pretend its impossible to understand? Wheeeha!! Goshdarnit!:/ dont allow yourself to get weighed, measured and specially wanting TTVOMJ