sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

7 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Another 50% drop for Endgame. Godzilla will be big comp too next weekend. 

No one is disagreeing with you.

I'd kill for 50% this weekend. Probably will drop 52-53%

Edited by cdsacken

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Complaining about the Batman casting has gone back to 1989. It will never end. It doesn't matter who gets cast in a Batman movie people will complain. Robert Pattinson is a phenomenal actor and he's going to knock it out of the park as Bruce Wayne Batman. When Michael Keaton got cast in 1987 people lost their freaking minds. And believe me I remember it very well. When Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, people were all over him and there was a petition to get him removed as well. comic book nerds make me laugh because they complain complain complain and then when the actor is brilliant in the part they change their tune and say....we knew all along he was going to be amazing. If all you know Robert Pattinson from is Twilight then you have not been paying attention to some of the choices he's made over the last few years.

Especially for R.Pat who has done phenomenal work since twilight series. Twilight at this point is an asset as his fanbase will check him out in new blockbuster movies.

Anyway it wont be his 1st big budget movie either. Wait till Nolan movie releases and the tune will change for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Amazing how many of us are just forgetting that Aladdin is a thing :ph34r:

I haven't forgotten. I'm depressed that it will suck like Dumbo sucked. Crappy instead of horrible isn't much conciliation :(

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Wait till Nolan movie releases and the tune will change for sure.

If Nolan could make a former British pop-icon for 12 year old girls seem like a serious actor, he can easily do much more with an actual actor like Pattinson.

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Complaining about the Batman casting has gone back to 1989. It will never end. It doesn't matter who gets cast in a Batman movie people will complain. Robert Pattinson is a phenomenal actor and he's going to knock it out of the park as Bruce Wayne Batman. When Michael Keaton got cast in 1987 people lost their freaking minds. And believe me I remember it very well. When Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, people were all over him and there was a petition to get him removed as well. comic book nerds make me laugh because they complain complain complain and then when the actor is brilliant in the part they change their tune and say....we knew all along he was going to be amazing. If all you know Robert Pattinson from is Twilight then you have not been paying attention to some of the choices he's made over the last few years.

Point taken. I saw him in Like Water For Elephants and nothing else, so maybe he is phenomenal and I am missing out on him. Maybe he will excel in the role, who knows? But part of the fun is the speculation. As I said, the jury is out so I will give him a chance in spite of my apprehension. I would never waste my time signing petitions to get actors removed. People take these things entirely too seriously. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

You sound defensive. I didn't say he was horrible. He's a solid actor whom I question if he fits for the movie. I gave an instance in which I could see it working. Yes other actors and have made batman films and many of them were not good.

He made 4 twilight movies not 1 so it's not surprising people associate him with that. 

Edited by cdsacken

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Didn't RTH already report 6m friday last evening? Still its better than where it was yesterday evening for sure. So it had better friday increase than Endgame despite dropping less than endgame on monday.

Charlie had at it $5.7M at one point 

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Based on what @Olive comments, so is Disney. They are not marketing in Asia and signs are on huge bombage in China, HK and Taiwan.

Duh. It was obvious when they put it, TS4 and TLK around the same timeframe it’d be thrown under the bus for the other two to succeed.

Besides the big money was going to come from Europe and Japan.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t think Scoob will have much Halloween elements for this one but yes they should move it to September.

Most of them are placeholders Sony forgot to move.

Neither do I, to be honest. 

I mean, Scooby-Doo to me has always been attached to spooky things and mystery, so even if they're not necessarily going for Halloween tie-ins, September would be a good place for it.

And yeah, Sony's gonna have to move a lot of shit. Ghostbusters 3 and Morbius in the same month is suicidal. Morbius should move down to August. (Assuming it's even happening.)

5 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Point taken. I saw him in Like Water For Elephants and nothing else, so maybe he is phenomenal and I am missing out on him. Maybe he will excel in the role, who knows? But part of the fun is the speculation. As I said, the jury is out so I will give him a chance in spite of my apprehension. I would never waste my time signing petitions to get actors removed. People take these things entirely too seriously. 

I think it's fair to question how he fits in the role. He's a good actor but plenty of good actors have ruined films before. Not all Batman films are equal in factor imo some are downright bad versus others being incredible.

George Clooney vs Christian Bale vs Keaton. Some loved Affleck as Batman I thought he was average nowhere near as good as Bale.

Edited by cdsacken

For some of you who only know Robert Pattinson from Twilight, try to check them out in cosmopolis, high life and Good Time. 

I haven't seen cosmopolis but if you can find good time you might not even recognize him in that movie.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I mean, Scooby-Doo to me has always been attached to spooky things and mystery, so even if they're not necessarily going for Halloween tie-ins, September would be a good place for it.

September is a terrible date for WAG movies. Ninjago, Storks, and Smallfoot all released on that date. The plot for Scoob looks more like Hanna Barbera: The Movie so I don't think it will be as spooky as all the other Scooby-Doo shows/movies.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

For some of you who only know Robert Pattinson from Twilight, try to check them out in cosmopolis, high life and Good Time. 

I haven't seen cosmopolis but if you can find good time you might not even recognize him in that movie.

I am a bit surprised at the casting but after the whole Heath Ledger fiasco I am willing to give anyone a shot.

Hell people were going ballistic over Daniel Craig as bond. 

• Like 5

Like to me, Batman usually seems more dependent on the creative direction they go with rather than what an actor brings to the table, not to say actors haven't brought positive qualities to their performance as Batman. Regardless, I'm sure Pattinson will be fine so long as Reeves has an interesting take on the character.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Like to me, Batman usually seems more dependent on the creative direction they go with rather than what an actor brings to the table, not to say actors haven't brought positive qualities to their performance as Batman. Regardless, I'm sure Pattinson will be fine so long as Reeves has an interesting take on the character.

Reeves a great director. If he could make batman anywhere close to his Apes movies, we have a huge winner. Batman canon has enough material for him to make great trilogy. He is also taking his time and if the rumors of him having creative control is true, we have nothing to worry.

• Like 3