sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Umm 😐 I complained about it. And while I don’t think she posted about it @captainwondyful and I had discussions about it and how we thought WB completely screwed it up. But I also complained about the marketing too. 

In either case, I was told that everything was fine and it won’t get affected....

You can’t post Marvel Studios and WB in the same sentence without getting accused of trolling. Hence, there was no point IMO. 🍵🍵

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maximum Avery said:

You must be pretty young to think peer pressure was invented with social media xD TTVOMJ

Well social media today makes it easier to exert peer pressure to a wider audience. These days it’s easier for someone in California to influence someone in New York and so on.  There weren’t that many outlets available 15-20 years ago to have the same effect. 

Even the term “social influencer” didn’t really exist 5-10 years ago. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Only to be sure, I am not 78, I started in 1978 with looking into BO in connection with the release of Star Wars.

I guess I miss something, as I don't get that, probably bcs I have not seen the movie yet.

I know roughly about what it is, but not more than is to read up at the German Wiki entry.

It is a wonderfull 10/10 movie about that particular era that just popped into my head while i imagined your story:) TTVOMJ

29 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What an insane trajectory for the John Wick franchise. Each movie doubling the previous OW. Has that ever even happened for a trilogy before?

John Wick 3 didn't double JW2. Flop.