sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

10 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

On what planet are John Wick 3's numbers anything but great? Each instalment has opened better than the last. 

The planet where every John Wick film is supposed to double its opening weekend. :sarah:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And so begins the rise of the PCU. And honestly I think a sequel will only be better, they know the things to work on and the things they got right.

As far as Box Office goes it's not gonna compete with the 2nd biggest film of all time, so it won't have any of it's buzz completely destroyed going towards it's release.

There are rumors Pokemon Red/Blue is moving forward as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

And so begins the rise of the PCU. And honestly I think a sequel will only be better, they know the things to work on and the things they got right.

As far as Box Office goes it's not gonna compete with the 2nd biggest film of all time, so it won't have any of it's buzz completely destroyed going towards it's release.

Yeah this was their Incredible Hulk. Red/blue will be their iron man.  

9 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

And how do you know that WB won't sched it a week or two weeks away from a huge blockbuster movie? For all we know, it will open a few weeks after another Disney billion dollar movie in 2021 or 2022.

Edited by UserHN

I hope they can reign in the prod budget. 150 is an uncomfortable number for the movie. Maybe the costs of creating the platform that models and renders the creatures were one-timeish and will pay quicker dividends for the sequels, lowering their budget.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The Avengers franchise had 3 sequels, and still couldn’t even double their first OW. Sad. We need to hire Keanu and unlock the 714M OW

but it will still be a disappointment when it fails to hit 1.6b dom.