sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

So if Godzilla follows in the footsteps of the last Godzilla, based on Saturday's numbers, this film with open to around 48 million. Or around half of what the last one did.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Most anticipated rest of the year:

Child’s Play

Yesterday

Annabelle Comes Home

Midsommar

Crawl

Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

The Kitchen

Scary Stories

47 Metres Down

Good Boys

It: Chapter 2

Hustlers

Joker

Woman in the Window

Doctor Sleep

Last Christmas

Charlie’s Angels

Knives Out

Cats

Superintelligence

Little Women

Jumanji 2 

10 of them don’t have a trailer yet, so they could be removed as soon as they do 😂

As soon as i saw this profile pic i knew you were a horror freak.. horrors are the only genre i watch as soon as i get my hands on a movie and i watch them all. like asap... since my dreams are what other people would call cinematic nightmares horrors represent a nice common average guy reprieve... like visiting your old neighbourhood for a sunday church..anyway.. spread your wings or niche is what you'll forever be:

TTVOMJ

11 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

..anyway.. spread your wings or niche is what you'll forever be:

....Are you telling me to watch more types of films? 

I watch plenty of non horror. I like all genres (except cartoons), horror is just my favourite. 

I’ve been to the cinema to see 23 films this year and only 6 were horrors. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I watch plenty of non horror. I like all genres (except cartoons), horror is just my favourite. 

Cartoons are just a medium Krissy, they arent all for children.

Spirited away is incredible

Disney classics are great.. Lionking, batb, snow white

• Like 8

Omg this site has turned into a useless piece of shit, pages reload 5x, pages full of ads, no one updates what page the number estimates for we thread are on, 50% of posters are trolls, pure fucking garbage. Bye bye!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Looks like the Monsterverse will die soon. GvK will imho be another sub-200 DOM, sub 500-WW grosser.

As fun as monster mashes can be, I honestly don't think you can build a blockbuster saga around them. You need strong human protagonists for the GA to relate to so they come back film after film. MCU's greatest asset, imho, has been its ability to build those likeable characters. WB, on the other hand, have failed miserably - or they simply haven't cared - to build those characters across the 3 Monsterverse films.

I know, I know, Transformers, but heck, in that saga at least the creatures could talk. The human element is important even in SFX-driven extravaganzas.

Edited by Celedhring

41 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Imagination should be a favorite.. everthing biased just shows people like me what people like you are.. i mean not that you are non human.. you are just someone who has an obvious path in life when looking at your decisions^^ have a nice day.. :)

TTVOMJ

• ...wtf 5
  • Knock It Off 3

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

@Krissykins just ignore what maximum Avery says. Not worth the effort or time.

Baumer baumy.. you bold average invisible man you walk by and forget...what is it in my words that has no effect? Got up on the wrong foot? Ok diagnosis- you are alone and always reachable and awaiting krissy to invite you

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

@Krissykins just ignore what maximum Avery says. Not worth the effort or time.

to her country since your white guy pension is enough fuel to give you an excuse its actually your choice... and you are a mod here? How far off am i baumer baumy? Call me when you come to croatia so we can taste your badassness ok?;)

Tldr: wtf is wrong with you? Are your balls swollen? They are in your court..LOOK!:/

TTVOMJ

• ...wtf 3
  • Knock It Off 6

first of all I don't even know what you're trying to say in your post and second of all why do you care what kind of genre people like the most? And 3rd you've already been warned several times and gotten points and if you keep attacking other members and insulting them you're going to get suspended from here really quickly. So it's okay to tell people that you don't like a certain genre but telling them that they're idiots for liking certain things is not how we operate at this place.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Imagination should be a favorite.. everthing biased just shows people like me what people like you are.. i mean not that you are non human.. you are just someone who has an obvious path in life when looking at your decisions^^ have a nice day.. :)

TTVOMJ

your signature in the most construable part of that post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Cartoons are just a medium Krissy, they arent all for children.

Spirited away is incredible

Disney classics are great.. Lionking, batb, snow white

Yeh I liked the usual ones when I was a kid. 

I just don’t get invested in the characters in the same way as live action films. 

24 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

TTVOMJ

This is just weird.

TTVOMJBEGONE. 

• Haha 6

Didn't enjoy MA at all. Premise is extremely predictable (and they gave everything on trailers), direction is awful and the movie looks like a TV movie. Tate Taylor always has problem to give a good pace to his movie, and it isn't an exception, the first two acts are super slow and repetitive. It's only worth for Octavia.

25 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Imagination should be a favorite.. everthing biased just shows people like me what people like you are.. i mean not that you are non human.. you are just someone who has an obvious path in life when looking at your decisions

Dude, look at what you typed, just LOOK, I understand English is definitely not your first language but before going on attacking people for not understanding what you were trying to say, at least to the bare minimum of actually reading what you just posted, and maybe you'll notice it's nonsense, that it reads as gibberish.

To give you a simple example, what did you mean by this?

Everything biased just shows people like me what people like you are...

Bias = inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

If what you meant was his choice of genres paints a picture of what he might be as a person, I have news for you, it really doesn't. That's pretty much a caveman's way of seeing the world. And if that's indeed what you were trying to say then there were hundreds of other ways you could have worded that which would not have had you look like a lunatic typing random words.

2 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Dude, look at what you typed, just LOOK, I understand English is definitely not your first language but before going on attacking people for not understanding what you were trying to say, at least to the bare minimum of actually reading what you just posted, and maybe you'll notice it's nonsense, that it reads as gibberish.

To give you a simple example, what did you mean by this?

Bias = inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

If what you meant was his choice of genres paints a picture of what he might be as a person, I have news for you, it really doesn't. That's pretty much a caveman's way of seeing the world. And if that's indeed what you were trying to say then there were hundreds of other ways you could have worded that which would not have had you look like a lunatic typing random words.

my favourite:

21 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Tldr: wtf is wrong with you? Are your balls swollen? They are in your court..LOOK!:/

TTVOMJ

"the ball is in your court" brilliantly mixed in with "are your balls swollen"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3