sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

15 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Dude, look at what you typed, just LOOK, I understand English is definitely not your first language but before going on attacking people for not understanding what you were trying to say, at least to the bare minimum of actually reading what you just posted, and maybe you'll notice it's nonsense, that it reads as gibberish.

To give you a simple example, what did you mean by this?

Bias = inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

If what you meant was his choice of genres paints a picture of what he might be as a person, I have news for you, it really doesn't. That's pretty much a caveman's way of seeing the world. And if that's indeed what you were trying to say then there were hundreds of other ways you could have worded that which would not have had you look like a lunatic typing random words.

Um..exactly... not like its discovering warm water... correlations and patterns work.. i know you all want to keep that ego.. an example... i dont have one.. i understand you might think i am a lunatic, but irl experience shows me these rare people that understood what i meant between the lines know i want progress.. not stationary circlejerk or regressing trumpera... i want krissy to change.. yes... is it too much to ask? Maybe to you.. but for me its long overdue people move on... my parents and friends are also an average bunch so i tell them that in every oportune moment when they behave like that... i cant get shunned because my words reverberate, but i am usually regarded as a lunatic... there... ego gone... what can i do to be better? Keep quiet? Allow what i think is a reason for  idiocracy inc.? Who invented universal suffrage? Humans? Well, they are faulty... and all can be remedied.. you know how i know? Because i knew that for a long long time and never backed down from it and now i reap my rewards in form of my better half who cant be called a lunatic since she is an uber mainstream success story and when you have that kind of backup even family and friends start to wonder "did WE do something wrong if he seemed so sure of himself before and now has this godzilla beside him? Untouchables... alex ma thanks for being nice, but not everything that sounds bad is... it just means ego dissolve and change.. have a nice day:)

TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 1

6 hours ago, Life goes on said:

better luck next time.......

Spider-man: Homecoming - 

$880,166,350

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 - $862,316,233

Thor Ragnarok - $846,980,024

Wonderwoman - $821,133,378

Justice League - $655,945,209

Ah... No! We were speaking of domestic numbers, so chill. We have no idea what the international release dates will be and the conversation focused around release dates for which only domestic is known at this time.

By the way, it would be nice to know context before butting into a conversation.  

Let me help you out, one poster was saying that Marvel shouldn’t be underestimated and that Black Widow would beat WW. He stated that each time MCU has gone against DCEU, they have won. I have no hate toward the MCU whatsoever. I happen to love WW though. So of course, it was right up my alley to dispute that. 

Outside of WW, I could care less who wins in MCU v DCEU battles. I am not that invested in either franchise. Fin

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk

19 minutes ago, bleachella said:

I feel like I might have to take back what I wrote a few weeks ago about this site being so much better and nicer place than r/boxoffice, this thread... :hahaha:

It's what happens when people wait for an update, they get bored so crap starts flying around the room. Two more hours and it will get much better.

21 minutes ago, bleachella said:

I feel like I might have to take back what I wrote a few weeks ago about this site being so much better and nicer place than r/boxoffice, this thread... :hahaha:

Really only a couple of users making it unpleasant. Most users here are good. 

• Like 1

Most of yall would have never survived in the BOM days / Pre Nikki - Deadline. No updates until the studios sent the numbers out, no regularly posting insiders and so on. 

Some of you more new members should learn how to express thankfullness that Charlie takes as much time as he does instead of just asking "where the hell is he." We didnt even have Rth until Avengers 1 opened as far as a source goes. 

As for everything else, not sure why its not been said by the refs yet - if people are being mean, bad, rude, stupid and so on - Do Not Engage. 

Put them on ignore, report them to the board and or use the not cool symbol. 

Its summer time and attitudes are going to het high with newbs and old stars but lets not make it worse ala the last few pages of this thread. 

@baumer if this is to much I can edit it. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Only thing wrong about Aladdin right now is that we don't get a video game made out of it. Apparently the Genesis game is good. The SNES one not so much, but that just sounds like Blasphemy since the 90s is Capcom's peak.

Which reminds me that we never got a good Godzilla Video Game

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

5 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Only thing wrong about Aladdin right now is that we don't get a video game made out of it. Apparently the Genesis game is good. The SNES one not so much, but that just sounds like Blasphemy since the 90s is Capcom's peak.

Which reminds me that we never got a good Godzilla Video Game

Whaaaaat? The SNES Aladdin game is a classic. I got it for Christmas in ‘93.

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Cartoons are just a medium Krissy, they arent all for children.

Spirited away is incredible

Disney classics are great.. Lionking, batb, snow white

The correct term is animation but I have more respect for you saying that.

As for most anticipated for rest of the year:

Frozen II

Ad Astra

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

It Chapter 2

Jojo Rabbit 

Yesterday 

Parasite

Midsomnar

Gemini Man

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Really only a couple of users making it unpleasant. Most users here are good. 

Yeah I agree, at least 90% of the users are great and this is overall a good community. It's just that those few assholes/trolls are vocal and tend overshadow everything else (or poison the well as y'all say) especially at the times when there's not much else going on. But I try to ignore it, it's not worth it to give those people attention they obviously so desperately want.

King Kong and Godzilla movies never seem to over perform. They either perform within expectations or more often than not underperform. Therefore, I don’t know whether there was ever an appetite for a universe based on these monsters. I am not surprised that KOTM under performed. Anecdotally, I have no desire to see it and neither do any of my friends, especially when the 2014 Godzilla was just flat out bad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The correct term is animation but I have more respect for you saying that.

Wait you have even more respect for me now? How was that even possible

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Wait you have even more respect for me now? How was that even possible

Little number plus big number equals decent number

• ...wtf 1

yeah I guess Godzilla will not catch on past its built in audience.  I like the movies, but I can see why they wouldn't grab any more viewers than it already has.  Godzilla v Kong will probably do more, but I can't say it will break out now.

Oh well, I got a fun film out of it and since I may not see another movie until August, at least, this worked out for me until then :) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Most of yall would have never survived in the BOM days / Pre Nikki - Deadline. No updates until the studios sent the numbers out, no regularly posting insiders and so on. 

Some of you more new members should learn how to express thankfullness that Charlie takes as much time as he does instead of just asking "where the hell is he." We didnt even have Rth until Avengers 1 opened as far as a source goes. 

As for everything else, not sure why its not been said by the refs yet - if people are being mean, bad, rude, stupid and so on - Do Not Engage. 

Put them on ignore, report them to the board and or use the not cool symbol. 

Its summer time and attitudes are going to het high with newbs and old stars but lets not make it worse ala the last few pages of this thread. 

@baumer if this is to much I can edit it. 

@Charlie Jatinder has been absolutely epic. Going above and beyond with daily numbers during weekdays.

• Like 7