sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

Futurist, shut your mouth! The Favorite was awesome. i don't think you were supposed to be impressed by the " old english dresses and castles". they were part of the decor. the story was original and very fun

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Futurist, shut your mouth! The Favorite was awesome. i don't think you were supposed to be impressed by the " old english dresses and castles". they were part of the decor. the story was original and very fun

Love triangle schemes in old england, damn what a movie !

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Paramount did have A Quiet Place just last year, so it's not like they're incapable of producing big hits off of original concepts.  But I imagine that 2016-2018 was mostly rough on them with Silence, mother!, Annihilation, Overlord, Downsizing, Suburbicon, Allied, Anomalisa, Everybody Wants Some, etc. all being original films that did poorly financially.  Their new strategy of "let's see what old properties we can reboot" makes sense when you take all that into consideration.

The late Brad Grey who was president from 2005 to early 2017 is responsible for most of those 2016-2018 release films.  Gianopulos has had a far different approach. 

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

"might"

🤔

call me KrollioD1 because i've got the scoop on Paramount's future. don't tell anyone but they're selling to Sega. They're going all in on Sonic films.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Silence, mother!, Annihilation, Overlord, Anomalisa, Everybody Wants Some

Good shit

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Downsizing, Suburbicon, Allied

Bad, bad, bad shit

The Favourite is awesome. I think Sacred Deer is still my favourite Lanthimos though, I remember seeing that at a film festival and me and my friend just sat through the credits in complete silence in awe. That's never happened before for any movie for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've come around on despicable me if only because i annoy everyone around me in my life by doing Gru impressions a lot. that's been my bit for like the last year. Gru. The best character in the history of animation.

we-all-know-gru-is-the-godly-height-of-1

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

Just now, TMP said:

The Favourite is awesome. I think Sacred Deer is still my favourite Lanthimos though, I remember seeing that at a film festival and me and my friend just sat through the credits in complete silence in awe. That's never happened before for any movie for me.

I liked Sacred Deer too. The Lobster was too abstract for me