sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Allied is good and you're wrong (i also like Suburbicon but don't tell anyone I said that)

Allied IS good. Me while watching:

giphy.gif

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

No, they just ran out of money.

they are fools if they believe these remakes/sequels will make money. the 80s are long forgotten. The 90s disney remakes seem to be all the rage these days

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Nobody wants to see these silly non-Disney tentpole releases. Cancell them all.

I loathe to say this but maybe this may inspire the rest of the main five to invest in original stories. Let’s face it only a few of these reboots/nostalgic sequels from other studios don’t fail, maybe it’s best to invest in originals to divert yourself instead of trying to be like Disney.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Haha 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I loathe to say this but maybe this may inspire the rest of the main five to invest in original stories. Let’s face it only a few of these reboots/nostalgic sequels from other studios fail, maybe it’s best to invest in originals to divert yourself instead of trying to be like Disney.

It would be great, but people don't care, that's why studios make all those remakes and franchise movies in the first place.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I loathe to say this but maybe this may inspire the rest of the main five to invest in original stories. Let’s face it only a few of these reboots/nostalgic sequels from other studios fail, maybe it’s best to invest in originals to divert yourself instead of trying to be like Disney.

Well 4 now

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

this'll never happen. most of these nostalgia properties could flop but they still won't get the message, they'll just see aladdin making money and dig through the archives for something else. alot of the current guys in charge, all they know what to do is follow the markets trends rather than create them.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

they are fools if they believe these remakes/sequels will make money. the 80s are long forgotten. The 90s disney remakes seem to be all the rage these days

Maybe some of them will make money. Depends on many things.

1 hour ago, MOVIEGUY said:

R. Kelly being a piece of shit has nothing to do with I Believe I Can Fly being the jam

He wrote, produced, and sang it, so yeah it does. It will be interesting to see how LeBron & co. handle the association (try not thinking about Space Jam without that song popping up) when they make their sequel. 

I'll give Space Jam this... its so far the single most successful badly animated movie to be adapted from a shoe commercial! That's one for the record books, lol. I would watch the Hotel Transylvania trilogy straight through with no breaks before I sat down in front of Space Jam again. 

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this'll never happen. most of these nostalgia properties could flop but they still won't get the message, they'll just see aladdin making money and dig through the archives for something else. alot of the current guys in charge, all they know what to do is follow the markets trends rather than create them.

I hope they follow the market trend of giving auteur’s like Jordan Peele money and say “go crazy with it”.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Market trend is a product of right circumstances, it doesn't happen because it was planned, otherwise it would be very easy for everyone to create a hit.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

What kind of CinemaScore can we expect from Dark Phoenix?

I'll list the ones for the worst reviewed comic book movies:

Batman vs Superman- B

Catwoman- B 

Batman and Robin- C+

Fant4stic- C-

Venom- B+

Suicide Squad- B+

Fantastic Four ( 2005 )- B

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer- B

X-Men: The Last Stand- A-

X-Men Apocalypse- A-

X-Men Origins- B+

I watched Dark Phoenix (will post a review soon ) and I think the movie is much much better than most of the ones listed above. I would give it a B+/A-

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

Market trend is a product of right circumstances, it doesn't happen because it was planned, otherwise it would be very easy for everyone to create a hit.

well... yeah. my point is they're not even allowing the circumstances.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

What kind of CinemaScore can we expect from Dark Phoenix?

I'll list the ones for the worst reviewed comic book movies:

Batman vs Superman- B

Catwoman- B 

Batman and Robin- C+

Fant4stic- C-

Venom- B+

Suicide Squad- B+

Fantastic Four ( 2005 )- B

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer- B

X-Men: The Last Stand- A-

X-Men Apocalypse- A-

X-Men Origins- B+

I watched Dark Phoenix (will post a review soon ) and I think the movie is much much better than most of the ones listed above. I would give it a B+/A-

Somewhere in the Bs. PostTrak was very poor and lower than BvS but the Friday audience might not be quite as harsh.