sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

Seeing that WW1984 poster...i can't freakin wait for the movie.

9 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

D8UWzJeWwAAjQcM-720x1066.jpgstrangerthings_s3.jpgit_ver3.jpg

but are these Paramount sequels taking place in the 80s?

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Somewhere in the Bs. PostTrak was very poor and lower than BvS but the Friday audience might not be quite as harsh.

Damn! Lower than BVS? That's impossible. BVS is very dull ( my opinion ). It's probably one of the very few movies I haven't watched after my theater experience. I even have the dvd and haven't touched it yet ( my Black Panther dvd is also collecting dust ). 

23 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Damn! Lower than BVS? That's impossible. BVS is very dull ( my opinion ). It's probably one of the very few movies I haven't watched after my theater experience. I even have the dvd and haven't touched it yet ( my Black Panther dvd is also collecting dust ). 

I haven't seen the movie so I can't say it's better or worse. But BvS had 60% definite recommend after its previews, Phoenix only 51% (for reference IW, Endgame had 83 and Aladdin had 69, BP 91, CM 73).

Edited by Menor

I hope Tenet makes so much money next year. Nolan's the only dude allowed $150m+ to do whatever he wants, so I hope audiences support that over Morbius or Ghostbusters 5

• Haha 1

Considering the original SLOP opened over 100 million, the fact that SLOP2 may open under 50 million is a bit of a bigger letdown to me than Godzilla last week. Sure Pet's is more financially safe, but ...........I can feel that drop.

That said, Aladdin could possibly, maybe, just maybe get close to 300 million.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

43 minutes ago, TMP said:

I hope Tenet makes so much money next year. Nolan's the only dude allowed $150m+ to do whatever he wants, so I hope audiences support that over Morbius or Ghostbusters 5

I mean he's the only dude that's not over 60 that can ask for a $150+ million budget for just about anything, I'll give you that. But when you remove the age he is most certainly not the only one. Like the dude or not, every studio in Hollywood (and not just there) would line up tomorrow at his house with a blank check as long as his next movie is made with them, no matter what that movie might be. But now he too works for the Mouse, so that's that.

What I'm trying to say is WB better hold on to Nolan because his kind doesn't grow on trees. And because they know that he gets carte blanche.

I'm speechless at SLOP2. I mean, could the OW have dropped a bit from the original? For sure, nothing to see there. But this? This drop is shocking.

Minions 2 is likely going to be embarrassing next year too so Illumination has got to get together and think up a new strategy here because they're plummeting fast.

I saw SLOP 1 because the ads with the Heavy Metal dogs made me laugh. What I got was a lame Toy Story knock off. I will not see SLOP 2 

SING was fun though

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What if Toy Story 4/Far From Home somewhat suck ?

:ohmyzod:

CgVJ.gif

Box office gonna be up shit's creek until The Lion King if that's the case.

Edited by AlexMA
  • Haha 1