sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What if Toy Story 4/Far From Home somewhat suck ?

:ohmyzod:

TS4 reactions seem to indicate at its worst, it's gonna get very good reviews on the level of Finding Dory/Incredibles 2

Whoever negotiated the SLOP2 theatre count, my hat is off to them.  Either that, or there is going to be some massive disaster involving only Cineplexes, and they are time travellers who wanted to minimize casualties.  I dunno, seems weird to have an almost record number of empty theatres...

I think despite seeming absolutely DOA Men In Black might outopen Dark Phoenix, which FWIW is what I predicted in summer game. At least its a light comedy and it might have appeal to older sci-fi fans. It would be the movie someone like my dad would see this summer if he was still around, for example. Men in Black 3....surprisingly strong legs. Also the Men in Black ride line at Universal never slacking too much. I could see it opening to right around 40 and beating Dark Phoenix by a few mill OW and a decent amount total.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexMA said:

What I'm trying to say is WB better hold on to Nolan because his kind doesn't grow on trees. And because they know that he gets carte blanche.

Nolan has made WB tons of money and they gave him his first big break so I think it's unlikely he'll go elsewhere anytime time.

13 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think despite seeming absolutely DOA Men In Black might outopen Dark Phoenix, which FWIW is what I predicted in summer game. At least its a light comedy and it might have appeal to older sci-fi fans. It would be the movie someone like my dad would see this summer if he was still around, for example. Men in Black 3....surprisingly strong legs. Also the Men in Black ride line at Universal never slacking too much. I could see it opening to right around 40 and beating Dark Phoenix by a few mill OW and a decent amount total.

My dad saw the First Look on Starz (I think) and said out of the blue that he'd like it when it comes out on home video (he doesn't go out to many movies anymore) so I think there's something to this.

Personally speaking I think it looks fun and I'm strongly considering seeing a matinee of it on OW.  Or maybe Discount Tuesday.

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Nolan has made WB tons of money and they gave him his first big break so I think it's unlikely he'll go elsewhere anytime time.

You know who was COO at WB during that time when he got his big break?

Alan Horn 👀

• Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, Menor said:

9 PM no change in my 10-11 prediction for DP but Pets is pacing well, will push my range to 15-16 rather than 14-15

Is this for true Friday (without previews)?

7 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

RIP X-Men ☠

The MCU will make sure that the X-Men arise from the ashes of its firey demise.  

Spoiler

Spoiler

See what I did there?  :giggle:

Edited by Ruthie
Added words
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Menor said:

9 PM no change in my 10-11 prediction for DP but Pets is pacing well, will push my range to 15-16 rather than 14-15

If Pets gets to $16M true Friday, it should easily get into the mid-50's for the weekend...and possibly higher...

• Like 2