Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

The politics aspect of the saga is very fascinating to me [my favorite movie is probably Mockingjay Part I because of that] 

Still, i didn´t feel the games are thrilling in this trailer, it seems way more simple and visually not very appealing. 

I don´t know if audiences will respond that well if the actual movie is like that, iirc the first 2 movies that greatly focus on the mesmerizing games was the ones people really love

Even personally, like i said i do find the politics better, but by the time the franchise focused more on that, we´re all already attached to Katniss so i cared for it ... we´re not attached to anyone in this movie just yet, and mixing the focus in the games and the highbrow politics at the same time seems a bit too much for 1 movie, i can see why reports are saying the movie is nearly 3 hour long, and i still think maybe it won´t be enough for the approach the trailer is selling

Looks great. I mean, Viola Davis is enough alone to see this.

The franchise is underrated, especially the ending/final instalment which provides a resolution that feels honest to Katniss’s journey and in keeping with the political/social themes of the story. I was quite impressed that they didn’t try to mess it up with some awful “Hollywoodized” ending.

I won’t have read the novel for this one going into the film, which is unlike my experience with the original trilogy, so I’m looking forward to not knowing much going in.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The politics aspect of the saga is very fascinating to me [my favorite movie is probably Mockingjay Part I because of that] 

Still, i didn´t feel the games are thrilling in this trailer, it seems way more simple and visually not very appealing. 

I don´t know if audiences will respond that well if the actual movie is like that, iirc the first 2 movies that greatly focus on the mesmerizing games was the ones people really love

Even personally, like i said i do find the politics better, but by the time the franchise focused more on that, we´re all already attached to Katniss so i cared for it ... we´re not attached to anyone in this movie just yet, and mixing the focus in the games and the highbrow politics at the same time seems a bit too much for 1 movie, i can see why reports are saying the movie is nearly 3 hour long, and i still think maybe it won´t be enough for the approach the trailer is selling

Thiung about the movies is they play the politics very safe; you can read just about any politics you like into the politics of the villians.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't know if audiences are gonna embrace this. People who aren't commited fans to the series don't really have much attatchment to President Snow as a villain (he's hardly the focus of the first movie), and the games don't look appealing at all, nor did the trailer really hype them up much. I don't know what the budget for this is but I'd be surprised if it doesn't end up flopping. 

• Like 1

Maybe because I didn't like the book that much, but seeing so much positivity from people who didn't read it ... well, at least it's appealing to a wider audience, and that's good.

I see good elements, but as a whole I'm not sold.

On 4/27/2023 at 8:43 PM, Fanboy said:

Yeah I don't know if audiences are gonna embrace this. People who aren't commited fans to the series don't really have much attatchment to President Snow as a villain (he's hardly the focus of the first movie), and the games don't look appealing at all, nor did the trailer really hype them up much. I don't know what the budget for this is but I'd be surprised if it doesn't end up flopping. 

feel like the brand is strong enough to overcome all that