Wormow

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes | November 17, 2023 | Prequel about President Snow | Francis Lawrence to direct | Given a SAG interim agreement

32 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I feel like this movie either gets delayed or the strikes end soon. I can’t see them trying to bring this franchise back without the new leads or any of the more well-known supporting actors promoting it and giving it more buzz.

THG brand is bigger than any of the actors. The release date a week before Thanksgiving is good, now even better with Dune gone from Nov. It would be a mistake to move.

46 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

They should move it do December or February so it has less competition.

December is now getting packed (see the new Godzilla drop).  As another poster said, with Dune 2 gone, it's got a very nice opening date.  And it's been advertising that date on trailers at the recent movie releases...although we all know those trailer don't mean much for sticking or moving...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

December is now getting packed (see the new Godzilla drop).  As another poster said, with Dune 2 gone, it's got a very nice opening date.  And it's been advertising that date on trailers at the recent movie releases...although we all know those trailer don't mean much for sticking or moving...

I don't know. Wish and Trolls 3 are also targeting women. Marvels is also gonna try to be more female-skewing than most MCU. And the Eras tour movie is only a few weeks earlier. I hope all these movies don't end up cannibalizing each other like all the dude skewing actioners cannibalized each other at the beginning of the summer. 

2 hours ago, Speedorito said:

I feel like this movie either gets delayed or the strikes end soon. I can’t see them trying to bring this franchise back without the new leads or any of the more well-known supporting actors promoting it and giving it more buzz.

absolutely no need to move it. The release date is great and this movie has no stars so them doing promotion means nothing