That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

Damn seems like even Toy Story 4 couldn't escape the this summer's poor box office. Though again considering how other sequels this summer have outright bombed or vastly under-performed not sure this one particularly belongs in that category. Being the 4th (and last?) also helps expectations seeing as I don't think Disney was expecting this to set up future films or anything unlike say SLOP 2.

Also rather odd to be saying this film is proof that unwanted sequels are being rejected when this whole summer has been littered with them.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

only hope its America becoming smarter and rejecting sequels

A $100M+ OW is not exactly "rejecting". Rejecting will more apply to SLOP2's and KOTM's huge drop OW from their predecessors.

13 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I said Sub-100 is possible and even 50-sub. It was just a possibility but the sub-100 is closer then your 150M. 

SUB-100 vs 135-150M

if u have said that and the opening day itself is mid-40m then you are far wrong. so what's the point of bringing it up and bragging especially as your range was absurdly wide (x to 2x).

Edited by a2k

12 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Nvm

My prediction was Dory numbers up to $150M OW. Oh sure, go on. Quote me on my big numbers. I'll wait. Lol. And make sure not to edit it.

that is your quote...  as you can see finding dory opened to 135M 

Edited by Geo1500

EG and Aladdin remain the only huge movies this summer to vastly overperform expectations. JW3 too but I don't think it belongs to a 'huge movie' category.

If people want superb news, just go to Korea and Japan threads.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

that is your quote...  as you can see finding dory opened to 135M :hahaha:

Well, I deleted my original response to your quote because I thought it looked petty. So I just wrote 'Nvm'. And no matter how much you sugarcoat it, your sub-50 prediction is still the one that are in our minds. Not just my mind. I'm sure there are many others who remembered your ridiculous prediction. At the very least, my Dory numbers is sane and logical. No one will call me crazy because of it. Unlike your sub-50. It won't be erased from our minds. This will be the thing you will be known most in this forum. "Who is Geo? The one who predicted a sub-50 for TS4."

Edited by UserHN

3 minutes ago, UserHN said:

EG and Aladdin remain the only huge movies this summer to vastly overperform expectations. JW3 too but I don't think it belongs to a 'huge movie' category.

If people want superb news, just go to Korea and Japan threads.

TS4 will perform well imo and meet expections. It will have strong run with good legs

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Well, I deleted my original response to your quote because I thought it looked petty. So I just wrote 'Nvm'. And no matter how much you sugarcoat it, your sub-50 prediction is still the one that are in our minds. Not just my mind. I'm sure there are many others who remembered your ridiculous prediction. At the very least, my Dory numbers is sane and logical.

Fair enough. At the end of the day we were both wrong it dosen't matter who was more wrong