Alli

Babylon - Damien Chazelle; Margot Robbie; Brad Pitt | Paramount | December 23, 2022 nationwide

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hollywood-film-production-resumes-avatar-mission-impossible-king-richard-1234629324/

A decent indicator of what might come online in Hollywood’s back yard are the productions that received this year’s allotment of California tax credit incentives — including Damien Chazelle’s “Babylon” at Paramount, Universal’s “Dear Evan Hansen” musical movie adaptation, Amazon’s Lucy and Desi Arnaz biopic starring Cate Blanchett, and Paul Thomas Anderson’s latest from Focus Features. None of the companies behind those titles had updates to share on their shooting status on or after June 12.  Those projects are required to enact one day of filming to qualify for millions in rebates, within 180 days of the allotment. Extensions were granted after the pandemic hit.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 2:13 AM, dudalb said:

I like Emma Stone but she does not look very much like Clara Bow.

Always thought Clara Bow looked like Sarah Michelle Gellar

62c4ff023ae301107e23369b52f9708e.jpgf40b7262aac958f8264ceaed5b0419a0.jpg

SMG would have killed it as Bow (using past tense coz if Hollywood didn't know what to do with Gellar in her 20s, they sure as hell wouldn't know what to do with her in her 40s)

Delayed a whole year.

On 12/2/2020 at 1:46 PM, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Honestly, Robbie is reaching heights that no other actress her generation has reached, not even Lawrence.

In her upcoming line up she will work with O Russell, Kurzel, Gerwig  and now Chazell. She is on a roll.

I agree with you.  I think she is much more talented than Jennifer Lawrence myself, but to each their own.

Worth noting, however, is that her IMDB page shows 7 films either announced or allegedly in pre-production.  Assuming she releases 1.5 films a year which is pretty much on track with J-Law/Stone as of late, that is still going to take over four years to get through, not accounting for other things in which she is rumored (like her Pirates of the Caribbean film, don't know if that is still alive) or other things that will come down the line for her in the next few years.

This reminds me of the time where Jennifer Lawrence was also seemingly attached to everything in 2015-2016.  McKay's Bad Blood, Spielberg's war photographer film, Ron Howard's Zelda Fitzgerald biopic, a romcom produced by Sony, and I know I'm missing a few.  None of those films ended up happening.  Similarly, Emma Stone has had bad luck with keeping all her good projects due to scheduling issues (having to drop Little Women because of The Favourite press obligations, dropping this Chazelle film, etc).

I imagine with Margot's slate, a number of the projects will end up going to another actress or not being made at all as she winnows down her list to her actual top priorities.  But without a doubt, she has the most exciting career of any actress right now, to me at least.

34 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Max Minghella, Flea, Samara Weaving & More Round Out Cast For Damien Chazelle’s ‘Babylon

Margot and Samara in same film, some people think they look alike,  I don't see it

I saw so many people on Twitter who thought it was Margot in Ready or Not at first. Babylon should just go ahead and also cast Emma Mackey and Jaime Pressly, to really mess with everyone.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl