TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

Still amazed people think there is some law that if you have major role in DC or Marvel, you can't take a major role in the other franchise.

That is crap. An actor is free to sign with both studios, and only would have the scheduling problems to work out. If either studio tried to put in a clause in a contract to forbid someone from taking a job with other studio, it would be DOA Legally. Open and shut case of restraint of trade, clear violation of the De Haviland Decision.

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

He was in negotiations to play Dr. Strange. Supposedly, he didn’t want to sign on for a multi-film contract. 

Joaquin should be the bad guy in Dr Strange 3

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The next $200mn Opening Weekend. Last one is already almost an year ago and this isn't coming for another year and half. May be were taking 200mn OW too granted.

Doctor strange? The Batman? JW 3? They have a little chance 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Doctor Strange. Could be. Depend on what Wanda & Vision do as well.

The Batman. Homecoming numbers mostly.

JW3 Zero chance. Gonna under JW2.

lmfao Batman is doing more than Homecoming. The hype is insane for it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I somewhere read/watched that Disney has a policy of not hiring actors working in current DC films. Don't know if true or just fake news.

Yeah this

Fake news. I doubt they have such a policy;makes no sense.

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I somewhere read/watched that Disney has a policy of not hiring actors working in current DC films. Don't know if true or just fake news.

The video is talking about the other way around, MCU actor in DC.

I think they took either a Hemsworth joke for serious or Disney is putting clause with little chance of holding in court , the non-compete laws was tried by studios in the past and failed (for much more relevant case than the one described here), it would not hold up in a California court, the state forbid non-compete clause:

https://www.calpeculiarities.com/2016/04/20/california-court-gives-two-thumbs-down-and-voids-non-compete-in-actors-agreement/

California, mecca of the film and media production industries in the U.S., is notorious for outlawing non-compete agreements. It is one of the few states that generally prohibits the unlawful restraint of one’s profession or business, with limited exceptions. (See Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 16600 et seq.). Last year’s decision in ITN Flix, LLC v. Hinojosa, 2015 WL 10376624 (C.D. Cal. May 13, 2015), illustrates that courts may strike down such unlawful non-competes, even outside the traditional employer-employee context.

It can maybe work if someone signed with a New-York/foreign to California jurisdiction and try to work here, but between 2 californian one, I doubt there is any chance. That said it does not mean they would not still put them in contracts.

Hmmm. This might be a lock at number two WW.

DOM it has a strong chance with competing with The Batman for 2nd, but I’m more confident this will act as a psuedo-Avengers film.

• Like 2