TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

What a coup for Marvel.  This is the guy even Joaquin Phoenix is afraid to talk to...even though they share the same agent!  (Phoenix admitted this last night at the Globes!)

He must be the villain...right?  Let's hope he fares better than Eccleston...but with Waititi at the helm...he's almost guaranteed to.  

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I figured he would stay in the Disney/Fox business after the success of Ford v Ferrari but still. Didn't he once say he was done with comic book movies after Batman? Heh.

Nobody is “done with comic book movies.” They are only “done with comic book movies until I get a call from Taika.”

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

If I was Bale, with so much choice, this would be the last MCU movie I would want to be associated with.

So it must be something either really juicy in terms of a role or freedom to play with the role...or a whole 'lotta money.  And we know Disney can afford money.  Could it be both?? 

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

So it must be something either really juicy in terms of a role or freedom to play with the role...or a whole 'lotta money.  And we know Disney can afford money.  Could it be both?? 

Disney can afford it but Marvel doesn't play that game unless it's renegotiating a lead actor salary after big success or for an extension.

• Like 1

Wow that's ... random. I wish they were doing the God Butcher story, I could kinda see him doing Gorr, but I have no idea what he'd be right now. Haven't read much with BRBill so I'm not that attached to the character.

Edited by thedast

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yeah, I don't get that line of thinking either. His buddy Damon had a great cameo in Ragnarok so he must have praised the experience to Bale. 

Him and Matt Damon are buddies? This is honestly the first I’ve heard of this. 

Anyway, I certainly was not expecting to hear this news. Outside of Joaquin Phoenix and Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale is possibly the last actor I would’ve expected to show up in the MCU.

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

oh wow, this is interesting and huge IF TRUE. Then again it could be something like Matt Damon's role in Ragnarok, something small and not really noteworthy. 

The trades are picking it up after initially reported by Collider, so they must have been able to at least reasonably confirm it.  And if it's leaking out now, it's virtually guaranteed it's a major role.  Damon's cameo was kept quiet until just weeks before release, I think. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Him and Matt Damon are buddies? This is honestly the first I’ve heard of this. 

Anyway, I certainly was not expecting to hear this news. Outside of Joaquin Phoenix and Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale is possibly the last actor I would’ve expected to show up in the MCU.

as of filming FvF.