TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Releasing trailer before 2 months of release is a waste.

Not when the Marvel logo alone can sell tickets, hence a nothingburger like Morbius opening to anywhere near $40M. Why waste time and money on an expensive marketing campaign when the magical red rectangle can basically market the movie for you?

I can see them trying to shadowdrop a movie, and honestly? Marvel can actually make it work.

Teaser is probably coming in the next days, so basically 3 months before release.

They could drop a full final trailer early June with tickets and it will be huge for sure.

I think it's a reasonable marketing campaign, unless they really need to create interest, 3 months is enough these days. 

54 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Releasing trailer before 2 months of release is a waste.

Releasing a trailer 4-5 months before release is a literal waste. It's a 1-2 week hype peak and then it just drops to then wait 4 months for the release of the movie. 

Starting 3-2.5 months before movie, you can have a more concentrated marketing strategy, you can have 2 trailers in less time which I think it's smart. 

Teaser probably on Monday.

Point is that both NWH and DS2 had a TON of lead up anticipation before their first teasers. NWH had the little thing with Holland, Zendaya, and Batalon and the title. Plus there were the endless rumors about who would show up in the movie. Strange had, well, Wandavision as a tease a whole year ahead of time. It also has constant free press due to rumors about who would show up.

Thor hasn't had any lead up to this point. Nobody talked about or cared about the toys leaks. Sure, the movie features Portman and Bale, but those didn't generate any buzz. I really think they thought the lack of tease would generate a ton more buzz than it has. Instead, it hasn't created any with the exception of VERY few online fans clambering for a teaser. It's like the game of "cry wolf".

If they wait much longer for the teaser, it will coincide with the rumored Avatar 2 teaser. This should be around the time we'd expect a first teaser for Black Panther Wakanda Forever, out in November, NOT for a July release.

I guess they'll jump right into a 2.5-3 minute full trailer next week.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, jedijake said:

Teaser probably on Monday.

Point is that both NWH and DS2 had a TON of lead up anticipation before their first teasers. NWH had the little thing with Holland, Zendaya, and Batalon and the title. Plus there were the endless rumors about who would show up in the movie. Strange had, well, Wandavision as a tease a whole year ahead of time. It also has constant free press due to rumors about who would show up.

Thor hasn't had any lead up to this point. Nobody talked about or cared about the toys leaks. Sure, the movie features Portman and Bale, but those didn't generate any buzz. I really think they thought the lack of tease would generate a ton more buzz than it has. Instead, it hasn't created any with the exception of VERY few online fans clambering for a teaser. It's like the game of "cry wolf".

If they wait much longer for the teaser, it will coincide with the rumored Avatar 2 teaser. This should be around the time we'd expect a first teaser for Black Panther Wakanda Forever, out in November, NOT for a July release.

I guess they'll jump right into a 2.5-3 minute full trailer next week.

They’re not gonna release a 3 min trailer lol

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

They’re not gonna release a 3 min trailer lol

I said 2.5-3 minutes. And why are you so certain? Now less than 3 months. They're not going to drop a 1 minute teaser at this point.

The dust has settled. Moon Knight is now off and running. Strange2 tickets have been on sale for a few days. At this point it seems they're just pissing on fans for the fun of it if there's no trailer next week.

They better have some mind-blowing marketing plans for this movie whenever marketing actually begins.

Edited by jedijake

10 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I said 2.5-3 minutes. And why are you so certain? Now less than 3 months. They're not going to drop a 1 minute teaser at this point.

The dust has settled. Moon Knight is now off and running. Strange2 tickets have been on sale for a few days. At this point it seems they're just pissing on fans for the fun of it if there's no trailer next week

What a dumb take. You're trying way to hard. 

Tickets JUST went on sale. Why would they release a trailer before Monday? 

42 minutes ago, jedijake said:

The dust has settled. Moon Knight is now off and running. Strange2 tickets have been on sale for a few days. At this point it seems they're just pissing on fans for the fun of it if there's no trailer next week.

They better have some mind-blowing marketing plans for this movie whenever marketing actually begins.

LoL

• Like 2