TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, i don't know how it was 2-3 months ago. But recently all reports about test screenings are extremelly positive. 

And Taika always shot a lot of extra things, he likes to do improvisation. He can have a cut with some jokes that didn't land, and then he take it and put another better joke in the spot, since he have a lot of different options, this is easy to do. 

There's really no reason to expect bad things, we always know when things go bad in MCU because everyone talks about it.

IIIRC Taika tests his films A LOT because he wants a lot of feedback on the comedy. Like those “leakers” could’ve easily seen a very different version of the film from each other.  And if the test screening people said the comedy didn’t work that was probably the feedback given in their surveys. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, i don't know how it was 2-3 months ago. But recently all reports about test screenings are extremelly positive. 

And Taika always shot a lot of extra things, he likes to do improvisation. He can have a cut with some jokes that didn't land, and then he take it and put another better joke in the spot, since he have a lot of different options, this is easy to do. 

There's really no reason to expect bad things, we always know when things go bad in MCU because everyone talks about it.

Did we know with Eternals? I wasn’t really followed then 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

And MCU CEO sent an email to the respectable leaker that Chloe killed it and they were in disbelief what they had on their hands with Eternals. I trust fly-by leaks more than shilleaks. BOT poster had no reason to BS. If there were problems with jokes, they fixed it in reshoots. Happens all the time. First DS even got a MCU inside team to fix jokes. They have inside team for everything - jokes, action, etc. 

99% of the times insiders say that mcu has had good test screenings that is reflected in the final product. I dinstictly remember it being the case for avengers, tws, ciivl war, endgame, honecoming, ragnarok, black widow, no way home off the top of my head.

Eternals is the exception, not the rule. If an mcu movie has consistently good test screenings then unless hell freezes over it will have good critical reception to match. It might not be GLOWING but it will be good.

Again Eternals is 1/28 movies....

Edited by Jeight

3 minutes ago, Jeight said:

99% of the times insiders say that mcu has had good test screenings that is reflected in the final product. I dinstictly remember it being the case for avengers, tws, ciivl war, endgame, honecoming, ragnarok, black widow, no way home off the top of my head.

Eternals is the exception, not the rule. If an mcu movie has consistently good test screenings then unless hell freezes over it will have good critical reception to match. It might not be GLOWING but it will be good.

Do we get any indication of when a movie has truly out of this world reception (NWH) or just decent but not great (MoM) though? Cause at this point we should probably expect a fresh RT rating etc but there’s a side difference between the low end of that and the 90+ movies 

15 minutes ago, Jeight said:

BOT leak said that jokes didn't land which doesn't contradict positive test screenings after reshoots. Many things get changed and many leaks leg behind changes. That doesn't make them fake. Outdated yes but not fake. Difference between outdated and fake is that the former is an honest real leak that simply didn't know about a change and thus didn't reflect it. The latter is a lie. BOT poster did not lie nor he spread someone else's lie. Know the person to know whether they are sincere. My issue is that you went off on this poster who has no reason to spread lies. None. 

And I gave you Eternals example not to show that Marvel can make a dud too but to show you that credible leakers receive a lot of controlled hype from the studio in order to spread that hype. It's no different from actors saying every last movie they worked on is the best yet. Sometimes the hype is warranted, sometimes it isn't. But the point is that they want leakers to spread the hype, whether it's justified or not,  so that fans like the movie sight unseen and show up in force on OW.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Who even posted that they heard bad things about the comedy? Cause up until then everything I saw online said the tests were positive.

16 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Also that’s literally the point of test screenings. Lol

If you must know, the person who posted what they heard acknowledged it could easily be improved. They didn't say it was doomed to fail and that comedy issues could easily be fixed with new edits.

• Like 1

OS (-China, -Russia, -Ukraine)

Thor » $250.3m

The Dark World » $344.5m

Ragnarok » $440.6m

Guardians of the Galaxy » $327.7m

GotG: Vol. 2 » $345.4m

$540 million OS for Love and Thunder will be great. I also believe in chances for +$400m domestic. Will be very close to Dr Strange's numbers, but we'll see if $1bn worldwide can happen.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

BOT leak said that jokes didn't land which doesn't contradict positive test screenings after reshoots. Many things get changed and many leaks leg behind changes. That doesn't make them fake. Outdated yes but not fake. Difference between outdated and fake is that the former is an honest real leak that simply didn't know about a change and thus didn't reflect it. The latter is a lie. BOT poster did not lie nor he spread someone else's lie. Know the person to know whether they are sincere. My issue is that you went off on this poster who has no reason to spread lies. None. 

And I gave you Eternals example not to show that Marvel can make a dud too but to show you that credible leakers receive a lot of controlled hype from the studio in order to spread that hype. It's no different from actors saying every last movie they worked on is the best yet. Sometimes the hype is warranted, sometimes it isn't. But the point is that they want leakers to spread the hype, whether it's justified or not,  so that fans like the movie sight unseen and show up in force on OW.

I dont know the user who said that about the movie. I saw his comment but i dont know him or his traxk record.

I have seen two insiders on twitter with a proven track record saying the movie tested well. People who regularly post abput that stuff and they are verified on twitter. To me the person on BOT could be lying. Or not. I have no idea what other scoops has he broken. 

People will complain abput the comedy in the movie regardless. Comedy is scrutinized and vilified way more easily than a dark and serious tone. Thats why i dont take people opinion on pight hearted cbms seriously. Most of them believe darker=better.